Pokémon Vortex
StarPonyta20

Wierd and Disgusting Facts You Never Wanted to Know - But You'll Get Uniques for It

You may guess either a whole word (once a day) or a single letter (3 once every 2 hours). Every unguessed letter will be represented by a -. Words in the clues that I won't tell you (you can't guess at these) are represented by the respective number of _. If you guess the word correctly, you win a unique.

First Word (Won by @CadderIy) :

Horsehair Worm

Hint:

Parasite that takes over the minds of grasshoppers. Thankfully it has an extremely shortsighted view of its mind-control powers.

Second Word (Won by @Starkban) :

King George III

Hint:

His urine was a deep shade of purple. What a gifted man.

Third Word (Won by @VITOL) :

Cryptozoologists

Hint:

These people like to look for bigfoot and aliens. More proof adding "ologist" to a word makes it sound more official. I'm a uselessfactologist. It's very scientific work.

Fourth Word (Won by @Abdicate) :

Michel Lotito

Hint:

He consumed an entire Cessna 150 airplane. If only he could eat my neighbor's dog, that would be awesome.

Fifth Word:

A-----i-----

Hint:

In 1996, this new term replaced the less catchy _________ ________ that members of the field used previously.

Enjoy!

Edited by StarPonyta20
  • Upvote 4

I think you are talking about the mushrooms that are over the body of Paras, Ophiocordyceps unilateralis, or Tochukaso, who takes the control of the mind of its victims making them going to one place where the mushroom can grow properly from the victim's brains. Parasect is the mushroom who already took over the control of Paras. I read it time ago and was really creepy.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Starkban said:

I'm gonna start with a letter: E

Congrats! You got that right. Can you do the rest?

47 minutes ago, VITOL said:

I think you are talking about the mushrooms that are over the body of Paras, Ophiocordyceps unilateralis, or Tochukaso, who takes the control of the mind of its victims making them going to one place where the mushroom can grow properly from the victim's brains. Parasect is the mushroom who already took over the control of Paras. I read it time ago and was really creepy.

Wonderful, wonderful try! I'm really impressed. However, you sadly did not get it. Would you like to try a letter?

5 hours ago, Uncle_Psychic said:

can you stop rep begging please?it's not going to get you anywhere...

I'm not begging for reputation, I'm merely holding a contest.

4 hours ago, london456 said:

I am gonna go with the letters E,A and R

E and R are correct! Can you guess the rest?

3 hours ago, Adarsh Choudhury said:

A,R,E,O

Any of these????

Please, remember to follow the rules of the contest. You may only post 3 letters every 2 hours. However, since A, E, and R had been guessed already, I'll let the (correct) O pass. Just don't do it again.

1 minute ago, StarPonyta20 said:

I'm not begging for reputation, I'm merely holding a contest.

that wasnt my original post

apparently admins can use obvious curses but I cant,oh well

and that was posted when you had something like this on your post"please give me reputation I wanna go top blah blah etc"

anyways,no hard feelings

19 minutes ago, Uncle_Psychic said:

that wasnt my original post

apparently admins can use obvious curses but I cant,oh well

and that was posted when you had something like this on your post"please give me reputation I wanna go top blah blah etc"

anyways,no hard feelings

Apparently my stuff got edited too and I wasn't alerted... Hmm.

You're 10. You shouldn't even be using curses, period. End of.

As for Admins using them, it makes me think of when John Lackland came into power, before the Magna Carta. Personally, I do not approve; alas, I am only a member and it is beyond my control. All I can do is click that little red report button and hope for the best.

Would you like to guess? (And maybe win? You seem to be fairly advanced for your age and I think you have a good sporting chance.)

1 hour ago, StarPonyta20 said:

Apparently my stuff got edited too and I wasn't alerted... Hmm.

You're 10. You shouldn't even be using curses, period. End of.

As for Admins using them, it makes me think of when John Lackland came into power, before the Magna Carta. Personally, I do not approve; alas, I am only a member and it is beyond my control. All I can do is click that little red report button and hope for the best.

Would you like to guess? (And maybe win? You seem to be fairly advanced for your age and I think you have a good sporting chance.)

no incentive for me to guess :P

btw who told you I'm 10 ?

14 minutes ago, Uncle_Psychic said:

show me the quote?

On 2/12/2016 at 1:07 AM, Uncle_Psychic said:

honestly I prefer staying away from the vortex chat

I'm still a teenager and have many years of my life left(hopefully) and I dont want to ruin it by getting cancer

too many 10 year olds spamming gibberish

Sorry, my mind got confuzzled. But still, you're only a teen...