Pokémon Vortex
iara

Skill balance issues

Quite some time ago, the moves in this thread were nerfed.

I would have no problems with this, except that there are still " attacks that were throwing battling way off balance":

Victini's "V-create" and Necrozma's "Prismatic Laser". Necrozma, in particular, can OHKO anything that doesn't resist it. At least the moves that were nerfed were balanced, because a wide variety of Pokémon could learn it. These attacks are just learned by TWO pokémon. Isn't this the core meaning of "unbalanced"? Isn't this something that would need to be addressed? 

There are two possible fixes. You could nerf these attacks, or you could remove the nerf of the old attacks to show the shift on power level that Pokémon Vortex has with all the new legendaries now.

Trump Card, Self-destruct and Explosion are Normal, a terrible attacking move. Most of the time, the Pokémon who learned these skills weren't even Normal-type to begin, so no stab. In order to OHKO anything metallic and shiny, they would need to be DARK, and that reduces the defense factor of these Pokémon.

Reversal and Punishment did not need such a massive nerf. Skills like Focus Punch still exist in this game. So how about a compromise and giving them 150 attack? This would balance out all the lesser Pokemon.

Maybe with these changes in place, we would see less Necrozma teams, and more teams of people using the Pokémon they actually like. What I loved of Pokémon Vortex was how you could use every Pokémon you loved and still be "competitve" (My main Pokémon, for example, was and still is a Luvdisc, and I use an Unown as well!)

I hope this is heard.

• Upvote 1