Pokémon Vortex

Pokemon Vortex Memories

Any kind of memory you had with the game from the beginning itself are welcome here. Good and bad, whatever they may be. They're all memories now. So, what do you remember? I'll start with my own.

- There was a time back then in the forums and a forum user named 'Kunny' having raffles and prizes were exp'ed pokemon. Botting was still allowed back then. His IGN I believe if I clearly remember was OrangeCat and his favorite poke was a Shiny Caterpiewith billions of EXP.

- There was also this forum user named Sharktibolt who did giveaways with prizes of pools of pokemon. A pool of random legendary pokemon as the major prize.

- Unobtainables back then can be purchased in the pokemart for pokedollars.

- The one thing you can't do now, botting. Else, get banned.

- If I clearly remember, the max exp of a pokemon you can train on is 7 billion back then. I don't know now if that limit still exists.

- I remember when I was new to the game, was 11 years old back then, 20 now. I saw from a user's profile to click the link to get free rare pokemon. Clicked it and the next day, all my pokemon we're gone. T'was a phishing site I don't know nothing about yet, and my account was inaccessible, luckily @Patrick gave me a hand in my account recovery. Since the e-mail I used was from an account I have no idea. 

So, how about you? What good memories do you have? Share some! :^_^:

Edited by Guest

My best memories were when I won my first event Shadow Deoxys (Defense) in a giveaway by @Auke1993.
Special Thanks to him!!!

Second was when I used to win free Deoxys forms and Missingnos in the Google+ Weekly and Monthly Giveaways... Held by @Patrick .....

Seeing unobs for sale but only having 10k in my account

That training account with all hoppips that only knew splash so all pokemon were immune

Those were V2 days if I recall correctly

Edited by eurstin
  • Love-dis 1
  • Haha 1

• Developer
6 hours ago, misty_lax said:

My favorite memory was catching a Shiny Victini in v2. It was one of my favorite Pokemon (right now I like Dark Victini better since I am now a Dark collector)

I still have the picture of it catching in mobile version

TiZ6FIs.png

Playing the mobile site on PC tho :4rel: naughty naughty

• Haha 3

Atomic Bombs were fired by Patrick on my accounts during Banathon. 

There was a mass casualty of several hundred accounts and thousands of event pokemons, tens of thousands of legends, millions of uniques, tens of millions of pokemon, billions of experience.... several years of time and energy. 

Accounts, pokemons, experience, pokecash, etc perished. 

But luckily, I survived the calamity. 

And I am still around, though not so active. 

7 hours ago, Patrick said:

I also did that. To get me them DratinireDratinilicDratinicemehehehehehe

15 hours ago, eurstin said:

Seeing unobs for sale but only having 10k in my account

That training account with all hoppips that only knew splash so all pokemon were immune

Those were V2 days if I recall correctly

Those were v2 days indeed.

16 hours ago, BLASTOISE ROCKS THE HEAT said:

My best memories were when I won my first event Shadow Deoxys (Defense) in a giveaway by @Auke1993.
Special Thanks to him!!!

Second was when I used to win free Deoxys forms and Missingnos in the Google+ Weekly and Monthly Giveaways... Held by @Patrick .....

Yeah, I remember Pat hosting Missingno giveaways on Google+

2 hours ago, sas said:

Atomic Bombs were fired by Patrick on my accounts during Banathon. 

There was a mass casualty of several hundred accounts and thousands of event pokemons, tens of thousands of legends, millions of uniques, tens of millions of pokemon, billions of experience.... several years of time and energy. 

Accounts, pokemons, experience, pokecash, etc perished. 

But luckily, I survived the calamity. 

And I am still around, though not so active. 

sas1 :ph34r:

14 hours ago, misty_lax said:

My favorite memory was catching a Shiny Victini in v2. It was one of my favorite Pokemon (right now I like Dark Victini better since I am now a Dark collector)

I still have the picture of it catching in mobile version

TiZ6FIs.png

Hands down to these. Hehehe. Great to know you have pics of good old memories as do I. 

Haha this is a great topic. I remember my entire class playing the game every lesson during school and it was so fun. Those splash Hoppips were a godsend. I think we also used to be able to buy fossils from the Pokemart, can't remember correctly but I think starters were there too? Ancient Pokemon were hilarious to everyone and instead of calling them Ancient Pokemon we called them Poop Pokemon. Remember we could battle admin accounts and if I recall, they were over-levelled and Mystic, it honestly felt like their Mystic pokes would avoid attacks 70% of the time instead of 25%.

Then we got word that our accounts got deleted and pretty much everyone quit except a couple of us that re-made newer accounts a few months later but stopped playing anyway. I was reminded of it last year and started playing again, got a couple of my mates to join too. The old days always feel so great and nostalgic, it was kind of like Pokemon Go before Pokemon Go existed, just limited to my school. :D

10 hours ago, Nutella Navigator said:

Hands down to these. Hehehe. Great to know you have pics of good old memories as do I. 

I posted this one on facebook so it is easy to find. Hahaha. I think that was the only screenshot I have. I also have some Snorlax during v2 but since they are pretty common I dont screenshot getting those. Hahahahaha

18 hours ago, Patrick said:

My mobile that time doesnt have a browser. I played on mobile site to get a chance to get Dratinire. Hahaha 

Oh man, I have so many memories with this game. The earliest was about 6-7 years ago when me and my friend were in year 6 and playing on vortex in the ICT suite during break and dinner everyday. He had an operation and wasn't allowed outside for break for a week or two but we rode that all throughout the year. We used to sit and train exp and have little map hunting competitions together. I remember one day I was hunting on the grass maps and I encountered my first legendary (tornadous) and caught that right away. I remember my friend immediately moves to the same position on the map that I was at when I encountered my first legendary thinking he would find his first there too! xD

Oof, those were the good ol' days when I had no cares and just enjoyed chilling with my best friend... ^_^

7 years later he's still my best friend but shame he's not into vortex anymore, I've got to get him to make a new account and get back into the game. :P

• Upvote 1