Jump to content
Pokémon Vortex

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

As many older players of the game may remember, back in v2 there was a different variant of pokemon called "Ancient", which were later changed to "Metallic" as the game progressed to v3. The variant acted the same as Metallic currently, but they had a unique, bronze appearance.Ancient_Munchlax.gif
Personally, I think that it would be a great addition to the game if these were brought back, but not as a variant which can be typically found on the maps outside of events. This is my thinking: With the recent Mystery Box update bringing with it a new rotation of event pokemon (changing monthly), the game has been changed quite significantly as far as trading goes. Along with making it a lot easier for players to expand and complete their dex, by reintroducing extremely rare pokemon such as Deoxys forms back into the game and increasing their numbers, it has also meant that rather than holding their value over time, events are becoming more and more common due to the opening of Mystery Boxes over time, and for someone who enjoys trading like me, it's made very difficult to trade up and gain profit (an aspect of Pokémon Vortex which I know a lot of people enjoyed).
My idea is to introduce Ancient Pokémon as a type of event which does not appear in Mystery Boxes, but also as something which does not rerun like typical events so that Mystery Boxes will always remain a key part in obtaining events and keeping their numbers steady in the game. These Ancient pokemon will not be added as an additional variant in the pokedex, therefore not bringing pokedex collectors to a halt when they find themselves looking for the Ancient events, but more as something which brings back the trading-for-profit part of Pokémon Vortex.

Of course if these Ancient pokemon were not rerun then it would make sense to make the events longer to allow enough to find themselves in the game, and then they will gradually become more valuable as time goes on throughout the game (which I think would work with the "ancient" theme when they're viewed as something from a long time ago by all who stick with the game to a time when they are extremely sought-after and valuable).


This is just an idea I came up with today, but please leave an opinion on it!
 

Edited by WinnerOJD
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love this idea bro, hopefully it is considered!

Jolteon

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That would be very nice! Nice idea man

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, just bring back ancient pokemon for nostalgia sake haha. I don't mind if they don't serve a purpose, I just want the appearance.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, killergrey said:

Honestly, just bring back ancient pokemon for nostalgia sake haha. I don't mind if they don't serve a purpose, I just want the appearance.

They used to be my favourite variants, Metallics are now but I still prefer the look of Ancients. :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was a huge player of vortex back when I was younger, and I remember the ancient pokemon. As for aesthetics, they are kind of pleasing on the eyes an easier to tell, where as for metallic, persay you find a metallic durrant or a pokemon with the same grey hue, it's sort of hard to tell unless you see it in the name. I think the ancient would be a better switch instead of the metallic. They carried the same perks, that being resistance, the only difference is the coloring~

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Taro_Takano said:

I was a huge player of vortex back when I was younger, and I remember the ancient pokemon. As for aesthetics, they are kind of pleasing on the eyes an easier to tell, where as for metallic, persay you find a metallic durrant or a pokemon with the same grey hue, it's sort of hard to tell unless you see it in the name. I think the ancient would be a better switch instead of the metallic. They carried the same perks, that being resistance, the only difference is the coloring~

Yeah, the colour is more distinguishable and I'd quite like to have them back in the game on the maps instead of Metallic if Patrick decides to do so. Good memories of collecting Ancient Pokémon back when they were around. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The idea of bringing back Ancient Pokémons is pretty innovative and interesting as well. 

I have to agree with WinnerOJD, they should be brought back just like he described. This would be a good opportunity, not just for completing one's dex but also rejoicing v2 effects. 

This idea could somehow be implemented to other Pokémons as well. 

Although, re-run of events on one hand gives the newbies an opportunity to claim those Pokémons but on the other end, it just decreases the trade-value of that Pokémon (mostly).

That is a really good idea. I hope the staff looks into it as soon as possible for a good time in the upcoming month of May.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I like this ideas too! The only reason why events are attractive to players is because they are supposed to be 'unobtainable' no other way (at least that was my understanding of it). Bringing back that sentimental principle to events will bring back that motivation to participate in the event and obviously collecting these pokes will be pretty cool! Perhaps disable the ability of the ancient pokes just to avoid the overlap with metallics and have ancient pokes purely as trophy Pokémon is cool! Surely Patrick would have the sprites saved somewhere also to make it easy to release these events... 

I'm down :D

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2019 at 5:01 PM, Tommyometer said:

Surely Patrick would have the sprites saved somewhere also to make it easy to release these events... 

I'm down :D

Ancient pokemon were a feature of a cool variant of v2. At that moment Gen 6 pokemon (from Kalos) and Mega-evolutions did not exist in Vortex, as they were introduced in v3. The same situation happens for Gen7 pokemon and alolan forms, as they were introduced in v4.

 

So.... probably Patrick has saved the sprites of pokemon between Gen 1 to Gen 5, but he will need to make new ones for the last 2 generations. In addition to this, Gen 8 pokemon are coming in November ( again, more new sprites Pat will need....)

 

Too much work for him!!

 

Just saying....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, unknown_citizen said:

Ancient pokemon were a feature of a cool variant of v2. At that moment Gen 6 pokemon (from Kalos) and Mega-evolutions did not exist in Vortex, as they were introduced in v3. The same situation happens for Gen7 pokemon and alolan forms, as they were introduced in v4.

 

So.... probably Patrick has saved the sprites of pokemon between Gen 1 to Gen 5, but he will need to make new ones for the last 2 generations. In addition to this, Gen 8 pokemon are coming in November ( again, more new sprites Pat will need....)

 

Too much work for him!!

 

Just saying....

 

He would not need to make all ancient pokes, just do events for some of the cool ones... 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ancient Pikachu.gifThey look cool but there are already 6 types so i do not want a 7th type!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2019 at 6:31 PM, Tommyometer said:

 

He would not need to make all ancient pokes, just do events for some of the cool ones... 

Like ancient type only for starters, Dratini, Larvitar, Eevee (and eevolutions), etc.

I would also like ancient fossils! The concept of "ancient" will fit with fossils!!!

 

Yeah! It could work. :)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, unknown_citizen said:

Like ancient type only for starters, Dratini, Larvitar, Eevee (and eevolutions), etc.

I would also like ancient fossils! The concept of "ancient" will fit with fossils!!!

 

Yeah! It could work. :)

 

Yeah I think it'd be cool aswell, or else make them trophy Pokémon for completing achievements...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazing idea friend.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×