Pokémon Vortex
omg414

Not happy with new Mystery box update!

As of November 1st 2019, the Pokémon pool of Mystery Boxes will no longer be exclusively one Pokémon.
Instead, every past event Pokémon will be included and as events are rolled out and end, that Pokémon will join the Mystery Box Pokémon pool.

As vortex player from many years we all have wasted tons of time on this game..

The Mystery box update before was good, but the new update which is added yesterday is not good!

What about the people who spent loads of money on this game to get the event pokemon of the month? It will be sad for all of us to see the decreasing value of the event pokes we own..

I guess deoxys forms and volcanions will be back,If I'm wrong pls correct me

• Developer

Well this is a perfect example of just jumping in to complain without understanding what's going on.

The pool of Pokémon that will be available is so big that there will be no significant increase in any of the Pokémon available.

Pokémon need constant availability, things like Deoxys cannot just have one appearance then never again or the problem of availability persists.

• Developer
1 hour ago, misty_lax said:

You have to pull on many Mystery Boxes to get what you want. Its not really a big impact

Yes exactly. If anything, it helps keep specific Pokémon rare.

I'm a fan actually, and here's why.

If you don't buy MBs, you will be able to constantly look for the things you're missing on auctions - more challenging and fun hunting them down instead of having to save up every month to buy one of each of one set.

If you do buy MBs, even if you get something you weren't after, it isn't going to be worthless as there will be a continually growing pool. There will always be new and old players trying to get any given thing in their OT. So if you sold things you didn't want, you have more PD available when something you DO want comes along.

It also retains the value of everything a lot better, especially future events that never get an exclusive monthly run and are only a chance in the new, large pool. Many people complained about nothing ever having value anymore, here's the answer that doesn't even hurt what has become of MBs.

The idea of bringing back old events isn't that bad but using mystery boxes to bring them back is not fair in some ways by reason is that many people in game don't buy mbs because they cost real money and the they can't afford it, even though people who can afford them,have an advantage over those who couldn't. There should be some other way to bring back old events for example, there are some kind of battles like sidequest and after hitting a certain amount of battle u can get a random deoxys,volca,arceus's,etc. I guess it will be more fair like that.

• Developer
8 minutes ago, fodnbilal said:

The idea of bringing back old events isn't that bad but using mystery boxes to bring them back is not fair in some ways by reason is that many people in game don't buy mbs because they cost real money and the they can't afford it, even though people who can afford them,have an advantage over those who couldn't. There should be some other way to bring back old events for example, there are some kind of battles like sidequest and after hitting a certain amount of battle u can get a random deoxys,volca,arceus's,etc. I guess it will be more fair like that.

Maybe in a game that didn't have a trade/auction system. You can still get them from other people and are not required to buy them from the store.

12 hours ago, Patrick said:

Maybe in a game that didn't have a trade/auction system. You can still get them from other people and are not required to buy them from the store.

yeah true,but those players who are buying have an advantage over those who couldn't buy,keeping this feature and adding the one i suggested would be better than just keeping one i'll explain my point of view if you want me to.