Jump to content
Pokémon Vortex
iara

Idea Regarding usernames

Recommended Posts

I just came back recently, and I have quite some things in my mind about usernames.

 

  1. Could there ever be a possibility of being able to change usernames? Is the database able to handle that?
  2. Would inactive users* ever be deleted? And if so, could we ever be able to remake their usernames? Or could this be a case-by-case basis if an user were to ask on a ticket? 

 

*Inactive users:  As in, accounts that haven't connected for well over 5 or 6 years, and have shown absolutely no progress whatsoever: 'Choose starter, made account and never play again'. There are several accounts with zero progress that fit this category.

 

I ask all of this mostly because I would like to start again from a new account, but there's a particular username I would like it to have. I imagine others might have the same thoughts I do.

 

Thank you for your time.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Change of username will be a very bad idea. As this will help scammers and will be difficult to track them.

 

Deleting old accounts is a bad idea again because many players are returning to the game after 1 gap so their progress should not go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know that inactive users will never have their accounts deleted.
I'm of the opinion that even those that don't play for years should be able to come back and play again when they re-discover this game.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, omg414 said:

Change of username will be a very bad idea. As this will help scammers and will be difficult to track them.

 

Deleting old accounts is a bad idea again because many players are returning to the game after 1 gap so their progress should not go.

 

18 hours ago, Auke1993 said:

I know that inactive users will never have their accounts deleted.
I'm of the opinion that even those that don't play for years should be able to come back and play again when they re-discover this game.

 

You guys are misunderstanding what I meant with "inactive"

What I think "inactive" accounts are:

Check the username "tres"

Registered on December 18, 2014
Last logged in December 18, 2014

Activity: Caught 2 Pokemon and then left the game, and never came back.

 

That is the kind of users I mean. Those are inactive and let's not kid ourselves, such users are never coming back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You never know that for certain.
Sure, it's unlikely, but it's possible.

I still feel the account should not be deleted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, iara said:

 

 

You guys are misunderstanding what I meant with "inactive"

What I think "inactive" accounts are:

Check the username "tres"

Registered on December 18, 2014
Last logged in December 18, 2014

Activity: Caught 2 Pokemon and then left the game, and never came back.

 

That is the kind of users I mean. Those are inactive and let's not kid ourselves, such users are never coming back.

I wouldn't be so sure. I often register to games, websites or services I intend to use just to get my usual username.
What I mean by intend to use is I don't have the time to when securing my username but I would one day like to. Sometimes it can be days, weeks, months or even years.
Sure, the specific account *you* want may not have been one of these cases but it's still their account and I will never delete them/make the username available just because they haven't logged in recently or ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Auke1993 said:

You never know that for certain.
Sure, it's unlikely, but it's possible.

I still feel the account should not be deleted.

 

7 hours ago, Patrick said:

I wouldn't be so sure. I often register to games, websites or services I intend to use just to get my usual username.
What I mean by intend to use is I don't have the time to when securing my username but I would one day like to. Sometimes it can be days, weeks, months or even years.
Sure, the specific account *you* want may not have been one of these cases but it's still their account and I will never delete them/make the username available just because they haven't logged in recently or ever.

Securing an username is fine, but there would have been at least a small degree of activity, don't you think? Catching one or two Pokémon and then not logging in again doesn't seems like someone who would want to come back. 

I guess I' mjust saying this because there is an username I would liek to make, but the account with that user only logged once (just made an started and never came back).

Accounts like that have, most likely, forgotten about the game and lost access. If they only played for less than 10 minutes, then they are not coming back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unlikely still means there is a chance, even if that chance is very small.

It seems we have differing opinion on this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bottom line: you are making assumptions based off their in-game time and little progress, while knowing nothing about those people. It's not fair to remove those accounts. It will be better for their experience with Vortex if they come back after, let's say 5 years, and they can still play with their account. If they don't come back after 5 years, maybe they will after 6 or 7 years. Who knows?

 

I came back after 3 years to play, and I was so happy I could use my account.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...