Pokémon Vortex
Fred111

Making sidequests more enjoyable

The sidequests are very long and can be boring in parts. I find the most dull parts are some of the minor regions where the prizes are, at best, master balls. Also the longer regions drag on quite a bit.

I reckon it would be better if the longer regions were cut to below 200 battles and perhaps some of the other regions shortened, or even scrapped.

I also think the minor region prizes should be changed so there's at least something exciting to aim for. For example, the rare prizes could be random fossils from any region, orbs or even Furfrou forms, premium Pokemon. Perhaps even with the addition of a 1% chance for a "very rare" prize such as an Arceus (Unknown) or one of the seasonal Porygons.

Kalos is the best region in my opinion because there's a 66% chance of getting something good (Xerneas Neutral or fossils). Alola, Sinnoh, Kanto and Hoenn also have good prizes (although getting all the way to the end for just 1 beast ball can be disappointing). Johto is let down by the lack of a worthwhile rare prize.

• T-rubbish 1

Prizes for sidequests are perfectly fine, fossils for their respective region and few other exclusive item that belong in their region, thats why johto doesnt have anything special and thats why regions from spin off games do not have them either. Also whats the point of putting pokemon you mentioned in sidequests? They have their own method of obtaining (store/lottery/seasonals).

On 5/1/2020 at 3:21 PM, Sneezeball said:

Prizes for sidequests are perfectly fine, fossils for their respective region and few other exclusive item that belong in their region, thats why johto doesnt have anything special and thats why regions from spin off games do not have them either. Also whats the point of putting pokemon you mentioned in sidequests? They have their own method of obtaining (store/lottery/seasonals).

I just feel the seasons drag on and it's hard to stay motivated to go through them when the highest incentive is a few master balls. 

I suggested those prizes as they're very hard to obtain through just the current methods. Adding them as rare sidequest prizes would still mean they're very rare (like orbs or fossils) but at the same time, they become more accessible. For the Porygons you have to grind constantly for a whole month, and may still fall short (I should know, I finished 6th a while back after grinding continuously). Arceus Unknown on the other hand has a 1 in 125,000 chance of being won on the lottery. 

Perhaps expanding the unique Porygons to players who finish in the top 10 would be another idea.