Pokémon Vortex
CadLee27

Master Ball Failed

So I was at the new dragon map and I came across a Poipole803, i got it down to 11 hp and none of my pokeballs weren't effective, In the end I ran out of all my balls and decided to use the master ball. Apparently even the master ball failed to catch it.

3 hours ago, CadLee27 said:

So I was at the new dragon map and I came across a Poipole803, i got it down to 11 hp and none of my pokeballs weren't effective, In the end I ran out of all my balls and decided to use the master ball. Apparently even the master ball failed to catch it.

This is NOT a bug.

Poipole is an Ultra Beast. Ultra Beast can only be caught on Beast Balls/Vortex Balls (:BeastBall:/:VortexBall:), other pokeballs won't work on them.

• Thanks 1

Poipole is an ultra beast. So master balls won't work, and beast balls or vortex balls can only catch it. Beast balls are used to catch ultra beasts and Vortex balls can be used to catch any Pokemon. You can get beast balls via sidequests or pokebay auctions and vortex balls via auctions.

You can get more information on ultra beasts from this https://wiki.pokemon-vortex.com/wiki/Ultra_Beast

Edited by cuteweasel2617

8 hours ago, CadLee27 said:

This is not a bug since poipole is an Ultra Beast. You are really lucky to encounter one because ultra beast are the rarest pokemon to encounter but also you have to keep in mind that in Pokemon vortex you can catch ultra beasts only using beast balls or vortex balls (vortex balls can capture any pokemon). So the next time before you encounter make sure that you have beast balls and vortex balls. Well if you ask how to get them you have to complete sidequests and when you finish the alolan region you can get either of 1 beast ball, 1 ice stone, 10 beast balls or 25 beast balls but the drop rates are random and the last two are rare. Also you have a chance to get beast balls or vortex balls when you open and mystery box and it turns out to be the top tier. So Master balls do not fail and they can be used only to capture other pokemon except ultra beasts.

• Thanks 1

Mate Poipole comes under the list of ultra beast pokemon.

You need a beast ball or a vortex ball to catch ultra beasts.

Remember- Master balls :MasterBall: have 100% catch rate with all pokes including legends excluding ultra beasts.

Beast ball :BeastBall: have 100% catch rate for ultra beasts and it can only catch ultra beasts.

Vortex ball :VortexBall: has 100% catch rate for any pokemon be it ultra beast or a legendary pokemon or a normie map pokemon.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, CadLee27 said:

Master balls don't work on ultra beasts.You can only use Beast balls or Vortex balls to catch Ultra Beasts, it is not a bug, there was no big reason for this fourm.Poipoleis an Ultra Beast.

Edited by timezone123

11 hours ago, CadLee27 said:

Because Poipole is Ultra Beast, only works with Beast balls or Vortex Ball

So no bug in there!

Hope this help

• Love-dis 1