Pokémon Vortex
Tritre

Pokedollars Loan

Hello Pokemon Vortex! An idea struck me. If pokemon vortex had a committee that could extend loans to users for rate of interests, it would really help some people, especially the new ones. You could choose a rate of high interest for which you would deposit money, others would loan your money and give the principle back along with the interest. This would boost up the currency too (though it's a game's currency). If the user fails to repay the loan in the fixed time period, he can be punished by giving a relative 'Experienced Pokemon' which would fit in the loan. The concept is almost similar to the Pokebay Auctions. Please let me know your opinions over this and drawbacks, if serious. Like if you support me.

Edited by Tritre
  • Love-dis 1

• Developer
On 7/7/2020 at 8:41 AM, Tritre said:

If the user fails to repay the loan in the fixed time period, he can be punished by giving a relative 'Experienced Pokemon' which would fit in the loan.

What if he doesn't have any "experienced pokemon"?

On 7/9/2020 at 3:08 AM, flamescape said:

What if he doesn't have any "experienced pokemon"?

We could enable loans after the user has passed all the gym battles and maybe sidequests too. That would give him a lot of experience.

• Developer
1 hour ago, Tritre said:

We could enable loans after the user has passed all the gym battles and maybe sidequests too. That would give him a lot of experience.

What if he traded all of his experienced pokemon to another account?

• Developer
8 minutes ago, Mr.Starkfromwhoknows said:

Then you can simply not choose to make loans with them, simple as that

We were discussing what would happen in the instance where you have already loaned the money, yet the borrower was unable to repay it.

Tritre suggested using experienced pokemon to repay the debt, but there is an obvious flaw to that - they may not have any experienced pokemon.

1 hour ago, flamescape said:

We were discussing what would happen in the instance where you have already loaned the money, yet the borrower was unable to repay it.

Tritre suggested using experienced pokemon to repay the debt, but there is an obvious flaw to that - they may not have any experienced pokemon.

Sir, but what if we make the loans available only to those who have completed sidequests and gym battles. They will definitely have some exp. Also, as a counter to the flaw you suggested, we could simply send a loan request.

6 minutes ago, flamescape said:

I will repeat myself... What if he traded all of his experienced pokemon to another account?

I know it will not be the correct way but ... how about jamming that person's trade, or else, the next time he earns experience, it will be used up to fulfill pending loans.??

Edited by Tritre

Just now, flamescape said:

What is the point of borrowing money if you can't buy anything with it? Surely jamming their trades is counter-productive.

Ok then, my next idea of using up the experience he gains in the future.

• Developer

What's to stop this being abused?

I could very easily start a new account and borrow a load of money, then trade it to my main account. The old account would be penalised, but I wouldn't ever log into the old account again. How would this punishment be effective?

• Upvote 1

Just now, flamescape said:

What's to stop this being abused?

I could very easily start a new account and borrow a load of money, then trade it to my main account. The old account would be penalised, but I wouldn't ever log into the old account again. How would this punishment be effective?

I will ponder over that drawback and come with the solution. Till that time, please don't close this topic sir. Thank you. That was a serious drawback.

@flamescape

You have to provide a Pokemon with an 'x' amount of experience in return for a certain rate of money (much less than what exp is normally worth so like maybe 1:1 instead of 1:3, until the $ amount is paid back the pokemon will lose experience gradually. Keep a minimum threshold before a pokemon can be used for loaning (eg. 250k) that way people cant just do 1 immune battle and get 50k then never collect the pokemon again, you'll have to grind it up a bit so there is incentive for the person to retrieve their Pokemon from the bank. Possibly an increased rate for rares/legend/ub/unique (eg. normal common 1:0.5, unique common 1:0.75, normal rare 1:1.25, unique rare 1:1.5, normal legend 1:1.75, unique legend 1:2, normal ub 1:2.25 and unique ub 1:2.5)

I'm not really a fan of this concept myself, but this was just some ideas on how something like this might be possible.