Pokémon Vortex
ishanag4000

Can not send Quiz time answers on Discord

Question

As you can see from the Title I can not send Quiz Time Answers on Discord

After I put the answer it shows this.

"Your message could not be delivered because you don't share a server with the recipient or you disabled direct messages on your shared server, recipient is only accepting direct messages from friends, or you were blocked by the recipient."

Please tell me what to do.

1 answer to this question

There is a limited time in which a message can be sent in. If I recall correctly, the deadline is around 1.5 seconds after the first correct answer is submitted, although this timing may have been changed.

I can understand the message is confusing, and it doesn't say what it really means.

Any message you send takes a small moment to arrive at the server's location. It is possible that when you hit ENTER to submit your answer, the time limit has not yet been reached, therefore allowing you to submit your answer. However, by the time the server receives your answer, the chat can already been locked. In such a scenario, your submission does not count. However, as you were able to submit something, Discord automates an error message. This message is the one you posted in this topic.

This is not something wrong with VortexBot (the host of the quiz) or Discord.
The only way yo avoid this is to type faster.

I do know that occasionally the bot can lag, which causes less answers to be accepted than there were correct answers. In addition, when a lot of people are playing (and have an answer correct), this can cause a bit of lag as well.

Generally though, speed is key. If you're quick with typing the Pokémon's name, you have a high chance of making it in.