Pokémon Vortex
Starkblack

eighth generation will change the spawning rate?

Question

3 answers to this question

When new Pokémon are added, standard Pokémon like Sandile, Petilil and Caterpie will have a slightly lower chance of appearing, due to there being more Pokémon with the Common rarity.

The starter Pokémon you are referring to (Charmander, Chikorita, Piplup, etc) were Common Pokémon in the past. They have indeed been changed to Rare Pokémon, likely to be closer to the main games where they cannot be obtained outside of them being starters, while still keeping them available for capture. Starters (and perhaps a select few other Pokémon) were changed from Common to Rare. Most Pokémon will stay the same. I don't expect a sudden change of the current Common Pokémon to Rare.

• Thanks 1

Why would you want common Pokémon to become rare?

The only think I can come up with is for Pokédex completionists, who'd then have an easier time finding and catching the new Pokémon.

I'm one of such people. However, I don't want it to be a standard. Common Pokémon should stay common.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Auke1993 said:

Por que você gostaria que Pokémon comuns se tornassem raros?

A única coisa que posso pensar é nos finalistas do Pokédex, que teriam mais facilidade em encontrar e capturar o novo Pokémon.

Eu sou uma dessas pessoas. No entanto, não quero que seja um padrão. Pokémon comuns devem permanecer comuns.

I saw an old video where initials were common. I am far from completing my pokedex. But I am concerned that the Pokémon that are easy to find today will be difficult.