Pokémon Vortex
Eternity0867

Live map

There's a bug in the live map I found. When you appear in a new area, I move around (obviously) , but the system tends to blacken the live map and respaawn me somewhere else in the same area, but not where I want. Please fix this. Thanks.

IGN if you need it: Eternity0867

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Eternity0867 said:

There's a bug in the live map I found. When you appear in a new area, I move around (obviously) , but the system tends to blacken the live map and respaawn me somewhere else in the same area, but not where I want. Please fix this. Thanks.

IGN if you need it: Eternity0867

Indeed, I was about to report it. It's even made me miss the first shiny sinistea but oh well. I think this should be fixed first since all the other bugs I found seem to be visual glitches instead of actually affecting gameplay.

• Developer

There's a few things happening here:

• When you switch tabs in your browser, the map system stops running in the background. It effectively "pauses" the game.  Unfortunately, online games cannot be paused (as other players are doing things all the time).
  • When you "unpause" the game by switching back to the explore tab, your web browser tries to catch-up by quickly processing everything that happened while it was paused.
  • If the system detects that your browser has been paused for too long then it will automatically disconnect you from the server to avoid having to process a huge amount of out-of-date information.  After a couple of seconds, your browser should automatically re-connect.
  • When you re-connect, the screen will flash to black and place you back at the location where you were when the disconnect happened.

In an update which went live yesterday, this has been fixed.  If your browser falls behind due to tab-switching then it will immediately try to re-synchronise with the server without disconnecting you.

You will still sometimes see a flash of black after switching tabs, but it will be much quicker and you won't be teleported back when this happens.

• Love-dis 1