Pokémon Vortex
Bmth08

Shiny vs other variants?

Question

Hi, 

I'm new to this game, I noticed people prefer Shiny over other variants let's say the Dark type which has 25% more Atk dmg,

Can someone explain why this is the case?;is the 25% Health better in the long run?

3 answers to this question

• Developer

It's just personal preference based on visual appearance, usually.
People often say Shadow has the least useful perk of immunity to status effects but they're also one of the more desired Pokémon variants because they look better than Mystic, Metallic and Dark.

Shiny and Shadow are also slightly rarer than the others in the wild so this contributes to their value.

Shiny Pokémon have 25% more HP compared to other variants. 

Dark pokemon have 25% more attack power compared to other variants

Metallic pokemon have 25% more defence than compared to other variants 

Mystic pokemon have ability to scare pokemon (not always) this helps pokemon to escape from an attack

Shadow pokemon have high immune status

Normal pokemon have no special status

1 hour ago, Bmth08 said:

Hi, 

I'm new to this game, I noticed people prefer Shiny over other variants let's say the Dark type which has 25% more Atk dmg,

Can someone explain why this is the case?;is the 25% Health better in the long run?

What's the difference between Normal, Shiny, Dark, Mystic, Metallic and Shadow Variants?

Shiny Pokémon has 25% more HP than Normal Pokémon and Dark Pokémon does 25% more damage than Normal Pokémon. Mystic Pokémon has a chance to scare the defending Pokémon whenever they attack (scaring is another status effect). Metallic Pokémon have 25% more defense than Normal Pokemon and Shadow Pokémon have immunity to status effects such as Sleep.

For more info. Read faq

https://wiki.pokemon-vortex.com/wiki/FAQ