Pokémon Vortex
starlord2007

Account Sharing

Account Sharing should get the player banned and should be detected through their ip. This is because its not fair for people who put their time into the game and the people who pay like $100 to get to Number 1 in a season. To ensure fair gameplay account sharing should be added to the TOS. This will trully make the game better.

This will also stop hackers from taking over peoples accounts and scammers. Because people give their accs for exp jobs etc and this should not be alllowed. Sharing your login information should not be tolerated and should be bannable. In Many Popular Games account sharing is bannable and it should be in this game too. Hope this feedback is helpful.

• Developer
On 10/31/2020 at 12:11 AM, starlord2007 said:

Account Sharing should get the player banned and should be detected through their ip.

So if a player has logged in from more than one IP address then we should assume they are account-sharing and ban them?

This would result in banning 99% of players (including me).

On 10/31/2020 at 12:15 AM, starlord2007 said:

This will also stop hackers from taking over peoples accounts and scammers.

So if a hacker logs into the account is just gets instantly banned? Doesn't seem very fair to the person being hacked.

On 10/31/2020 at 2:23 AM, stormwarrior999 said:

True but have you taken into consideration that there might be people like me who has a brother who also plays the game and obviously we live in the same place so we use the same wifi address. This might accidently ban us

I think you misread the original post. starlord2007 was suggesting banning accounts which have more than one IP address. He wasn't suggesting banning multiple accounts from one IP address.

It seems to me like he's happy for one person to have as many accounts as they like, so long as noone else logs into them.

• Upvote 4

32 minutes ago, flamescape said:

So if a player has logged in from more than one IP address then we should assume they are account-sharing and ban them?

So if a hacker logs into the account is just gets instantly banned? Doesn't seem very fair to the person being hacked.

I think you misread the original post. starlord2007 was suggesting banning accounts which have more than one IP address. He wasn't suggesting banning multiple accounts from one IP address.

It seems to me like he's happy for one person to have as many accounts as they like, so long as noone else logs into them.

Meme Reaction GIF

yea flamescape is right literally 99%of player are gonna get banned 

On 11/1/2020 at 4:33 AM, flamescape said:

yep I would also get banned

• Developer
On 11/3/2020 at 10:20 AM, starlord2007 said:

No I mean like if multiple times they have logged on from an ip totally in a different country u can tell their account sharing.

Or they're using a VPN.

Or they moved country.

And how would this stop account sharing if the users are all from the same country?

No I mean like if their ips constantly the same ip in different countries because when you use vpn the ip changes and it definetly wont be the same all the time. Also ofc all the users wont be from the same country be realistic. But if the person their acc sharing with is from the same country if their are 2 different ips logging onto the games at different times you can tell their acc sharing.

• Developer

5 hours ago, starlord2007 said:

if their ips constantly the same ip in different countries because when you use vpn the ip changes and it definetly wont be the same all the time

This sentence is very hard to understand but I'll do my best...

I think you're conceding that detection would only work if they regularly log in from different countries from the same IP addresses. So, as long as one (or all) users of an account have a dynamic IP or use a VPN, then they would not be able to be detected? This doesn't help solve the problem.

Also ofc all the users wont be from the same country be realistic.

I think you misread what I was saying.  I meant all the users of a single account - not all the users of the game.

It's not unusual for 2 Indian kids to share a single account, for example.

if their are 2 different ips logging onto the games at different times you can tell their acc sharing

Or maybe it's just one person and they just switched over from using PC to phone?

Honestly I think you've exhausted this idea. It doesn't work. Even if it could detect some account sharing, there are clearly many cases where it would report false positives, and as you admit - these checks could be easily circumvented. It doesn't work.

When I mean account Sharing i mean with different people not the same person on different accs, i mean like ppl paying other ppl to get their acc to number 1 in the world and etc. And to detect a VPN u should see whether u can reach the country their using a vpn for to the country their in rn and detect the time it takes to travel for example if it like 14hr then its not acc sharing. But if it's constatntly going from usa and india u can detect its account sharing. I suggest u check games that have this place such as Clash Royale etc these games have this, and there is no problem with logging in etc.

• Developer
On 11/8/2020 at 9:21 PM, starlord2007 said:

When I mean account Sharing i mean with different people not the same person on different accs, i mean like ppl paying other ppl to get their acc to number 1 in the world and etc.

Yes. I know.

And to detect a VPN u should see whether u can reach the country their using a vpn for to the country their in rn and detect the time it takes to travel for example if it like 14hr then its not acc sharing. But if it's constatntly going from usa and india u can detect its account sharing.

How would I know which country "their in" right now, if not for their IP address?  A VPN allows you to hide your location online; even companies like Netflix can't tell which country you are in when you use a VPN - I don't know how you expect us to do this.

I suggest u check games that have this place such as Clash Royale etc these games have this, and there is no problem with logging in etc.

Clash Royale checks for account sharing by looking at IP addresses? I sincerely doubt that. I think you are just speculating.

It's much more likely they are tracking the devices by their platform ID (e.g. Google Play ID).  If multiple Google Play IDs log into the same account, it might indicate that they are sharing an account.

16 hours ago, starlord2007 said:

but u dont log out automatically u stay logged in this would reinforce what i said before and could help a lot.

What if someone logs in in a public library or any public place and forgets to log out?

Then someone that comes by can steal that person's pokemon.

On 11/11/2020 at 2:12 PM, iweimax0524 said:

What if someone logs in in a public library or any public place and forgets to log out?

Then someone that comes by can steal that person's pokemon.

On a public libary u needa log into ur libary acc and after like 1 hr ur thing expires so yeahhhh and also who thinks someone gonna go on someone computer and out of all the games that r there there gonna searhc pokemon vortex HAHAHHA they will prob search minecraft or smt so no need to worry

• Developer
On 11/11/2020 at 6:49 AM, starlord2007 said:

LOL how will u get into ur friends email u can send as much codes as u want but u will never log in without the code haha

Re-read what I said.

21 hours ago, starlord2007 said:

who thinks someone gonna go on someone computer and out of all the games that r there there gonna searhc pokemon vortex HAHAHHA they will prob search minecraft or smt so no need to worry

Your argument is that sharing a public computer is not a problem because not enough people play the game? This is ridiculous.

Lots of players share computers. This is quite common in school classrooms. It's also common for siblings to share a family computer.

I think you're out of ideas now.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

On 11/14/2020 at 1:21 PM, flamescape said:

Re-read what I said.

Your argument is that sharing a public computer is not a problem because not enough people play the game? This is ridiculous.

Lots of players share computers. This is quite common in school classrooms. It's also common for siblings to share a family computer.

I think you're out of ideas now.

They have their on user logins on their family computer their not gonna share the same user login for the computer and if they do whats the chance of one of them playing pokemon vortex let alone both .

• Developer
On 11/15/2020 at 4:30 AM, starlord2007 said:

They have their on user logins on their family computer their not gonna share the same user login for the computer

I disagree. It's very common for families to share a single user account for a family computer.

On 11/15/2020 at 4:30 AM, starlord2007 said:

They have their on user logins on their family computer their not gonna share the same user login for the computer and if they do whats the chance of one of them playing pokemon vortex let alone both .

If one person in the household plays vortex, there's a good chance their sibling will also. I can assure you this is true based on the number of complaints I receive between siblings fighting over accounts.

It's like saying... "What's the chance of lightning striking the same place twice?" - It's actually quite high.  I hope you don't need me to explain why.

• Haha 2