Pokémon Vortex
iara

Increase the amount of EXP received when winning a solo battle with level 100 Pokémon

In "Pokémon Vortex" there is a competitive feature: Seasonal Top Trainers. Each season trainers can win battles and gain experience in order to improve their accounts and become the best Pokémon Vortex trainers they can be. However, the best and most "meta" way to earn experience is, in my opinion, counter-intuitive at best.

One would imagine that the best way to go get points is to use your favourite Pokémon to farm experience, but actually the best way is to train level 6 "immunity-type" Pokémon, as shown by the following calculations:

Against a training account, a level 6 "immunity-type" Pokémon takes (on average, and worst case scenario) 1m30s to finish a battle and gain 50k exp.

Against a training account, a level 100 Pokémon able to OHKO takes (on average, and worst case scenario) 1m50s to finish 5 battles and gain 15k exp.

One could argue that immunity Pokémon training is countered by the fact that you have to, first and foremost, catch said Pokémon, but you have to remember that you also acquire extra points for every new unique you catch per season. Not only that but the amount required of immunity Pokémon to get to the ranking is staggering (5000 or so), and you would have to ruin the "looks" of perfectly-nice account (for the people who care about such stuff), when this could be prevented by boosting level 100 exp gain instead. The whole seasonal ranking progress is a counter-intuitive grind, and isn't as easy to "brag about" as just showing one Pokémon with great amounts of exp would be, saying something along the lines of "see this Luvdisc? I trained this baby and I got to the ranking!".

My suggestion is increasing the amount of EXP a level 100 Pokémon gets from battles against full level 100 teams (so that evening out EXP isn't affected) Just 3000 just doesn't cut it anymore and this would make the grind slightly less tedious for everybody involved. This would also revive the thrill of wanting to have the Pokémon with the most EXP again.

Edited by iara
Adding a clarification
  • Love-dis 2
  • Upvote 3

10 hours ago, 9876ash said:

there no need for that i think 3k exp per battles is enough 

You did check my calculations tho, right? There is no way 3k exp could possibly beat "immunity training". Plus, immunity training is a process that feels so unnatural. I personally think that grinding one Pokémon would be a more "natural" way of gaining exp, and it will not make the game any easier because you will be gaining the same amount of exp in the best conditions.

• Upvote 1

On 11/1/2020 at 2:17 PM, Tommyometer said:

Or else reduce the amount of exp gained by level 6 immunes?

That is also between the realm of possibilities, yeah.

I still stick for the "we should get more exp" camp. At least 10K exp per battle minimum. 

• Upvote 2