Pokémon Vortex
Fred111

Dual prizes for finishing in the top 5 of a season

I don't believe that removing Porygon Hammer, Sword and Shield as seasonal prizes is a good idea, and having spoken to several others about this, I know many people agree.

Completing the Pokedex is an integral part of the Pokemon games and it will be virtually impossible to complete the Pokedex by removing these from circulation. They are some of the rarest Pokemon in the game with numbers of each unique provided at the bottom of this post. They are already very difficult to obtain. Almost all of them are in the hands of collectors who will not sell at any cost (or inactive accounts). In the rare event a seller is found, it encourages people who buy Pokemon and in-game currency with real money leaving legitimate players with almost no chance of finishing the sets. Already, there are an average of only 4 of each variant being added to the game in a whole year (and that assumes an even distribution of each, which is highly unlikely).

One idea I've heard (not my own) which I thought was a fantastic solution to this problem is to provide a random mystic, metallic, dark, shiny or shadow variant of Porygon Hammer, Sword, or Shield in addition to a random mystic, metallic, dark, shiny or shadow variant of Articuno, Zapdos or Moltres (Galarian). 

Advantages:

-It keeps the Porygons in circulation whilst simultaneously maintaining their rarity (as it will still only be 5 entering the game per month)

-It provides a greater reward for people who put their lives on hold for an entire month to put in the hard work required to finish in the top 5

-It placates the individuals who were not keen on the Porygons as they will get a prize they may like as well as a Porygon which they are able to sell on for profit if they wish to do so

Disadvantages:

-It may upset a few people who have finished in the top 5 previously and only received a Porygon

However, as someone who was lucky enough to finish in the top 5 on both occasions I attempted seasonals, I would not be upset by this and all other top-5 finishers who I have spoken to so far feel the same way

List of Porygons currently in game:

Meta Hammer: 16

Shadow Shield: 15

Meta Sword: 14

Mystic Hammer, Mystic Sword: 13

Shiny Sword, Dark Sword, Mystic Shield: 12

Shadow Sword, Shiny Shield: 10

Dark Shield, Shadow Hammer, Shiny Hammer: 9

Meta Shield: 8

Dark Hammer: 6
(Numbers recorded before all codes from last night were claimed)

Please note: Members of the clan Team Rainbow Rocket have been known to mass-downvote my posts because they dislike me rather than the idea. Whilst I appreciate dislikes from individuals who genuinely dislike and disagree with the idea, I would like to make the developers aware of this as a high number of negative reactions may not reflect the actual opinion of the community towards ideas posted under my name.

• Love-dis 9
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 4
  • T-rubbish 3

this idea is amazing  for the most part but the only thing which concerns me is that many people who have spent huge amounts of pds/real money or any sort of payment would be at a disadvantage and if we do implement your idea it would slowly but surely reduce the price of the porygons while it is good for others but the players who have spent huge amounts of in-game currency or real money deals would be at a disadvantage and now the people like you (fred) who have grinded the seasonals to get the forms would feel unsatisfied cuz now they will be given out for like free (as already the galarian trio is a reward) 

what i suggest is those who have finished in the top 5 will have a chance to get the unique pory forms
like 1st place = 15% chance of getting it
2nd place 13% chance
3rd place 11% and so on 
which would ensure the rarity and the face value of the pory forms while also making them accessible 

I back this idea. It meets in the middle between wanting to introduce the birds, while not having to shelve the porygon forms for the foreseeable future - causing the market to go funky for them.
I personally own 7 unique porygon forms and have finished top 5 of four occasions, and I'm one of the people Fred approached about how it'd feel to have the dual prize pool. Just as archives are only going to be displayed from last month on and my time won't be in the records, we all know what we're signing up for when we attempt seasonals. A porygon form and no bird was enough when I decided to compete.
A bonus to implementing this is that it limits disappointment, while I got lucky and got "desirable" variants of porygons, others got right to the end of the month and received a form they didn't love. Having 2 prizes would greatly increase the chance of the player getting something that makes them happy for their time and efforts.

• Love-dis 4
  • T-rubbish 1