Pokémon Vortex
fodn

Ideas for the Seasonal Top Trainer list

I like this idea. I would add that the top five should get a unique Porygon on top of coins for a unique bird

I do however disagree on the prices for the lower ranks. I reckon they should be lower to still ensure a degree of rarity 

Dear Fodn,
I like your idea. I like this concept of introducing coins for seasonals. 
I also like your idea where you say the pokemon should be caught in that season only.
But, lemme tell you the other parts as well.
Some people would want to train their event pokemon they obtained long time ago. That will be a draw back there.

And with the coins thing, it is that we already know the few ppl who has a lot of help from others and they do seasonals.

Even tho there is one login session now but there are few accounts where people do seasons together. 
That should be stopped is my point of view. There should be completely and solely one guy on each account for seasonals. 

On 11/5/2020 at 6:01 PM, HDDaksh said:

The problem here is that people without discord/banned from the discord won't be able to get the coin shop which means they cannot use those coins if they happen to win a season. 

The shop is supposed to be in the game not discord.

22 hours ago, Fred111 said:

I do however disagree on the prices for the lower ranks. I reckon they should be lower to still ensure a degree of rarity 

True, obviously that part is negotiable. I just gave a rough idea of how the shop should be run, if it ever comes into existence. Deciding the prices is all on the devs 😛

11 hours ago, omg414 said:

Some people would want to train their event pokemon they obtained long time ago.

Your Unique Pokémon count doesn't increase if you evolve something caught before the current season, I don't see why the same can't be done with exp.

11 hours ago, omg414 said:

And with the coins thing, it is that we already know the few ppl who has a lot of help from others and they do seasonals.

Even tho there is one login session now but there are few accounts where people do seasons together. 
That should be stopped is my point of view. There should be completely and solely one guy on each account for seasonals. 

I really don't know of any reasonable way(s) to stop this, however i think that the one login at a time rule has stopped most people from abusing seasonals.

Your idea is pretty in my opinion the players who managed to into the top 10 but failed to reach the top 5 do feel terribly unrewarded. But your idea could use a few tweaks, them being the 'season coins' (as I've decided to call them) should be spent in an actual in game shop instead of a discord shop like the quiz coins since as @HDDaksh said people who are banned/kicked/not present in the discord wont have a way of spending their season coins and i also think that the rates should be looked into a bit more. And as for the players who grind up a ton of immunities for exp should'nt be deterred in the way that you've suggested i.e. 'exp trained on a pokemon should be counted only for the pokemon the player catches THAT season' since other players like grinding exp on pokemons that they've obtained long ago, instead I think that this can be stopped by not considering the exp trained on dupes for seasonal rankings, but then players will put up dupes for trade and repeat the same cycle again. so a good way to stop that would be that once a certain pokemon of a player gains a certain amount of exp (say 10k) that pokemon shall be considered the 'original' and now if this pokemon is put up for trade or traded away or released you can't earn exp for seasonals through 'dupes' of the 'original' this forces players to grind exp on certain pokemon only and they cannot hoard hundreds of immunities to 'prepare' for the season as there are only a few unique immunities. let me know what you think! overall, i think it's a solid idea