Pokémon Vortex
TheBedPotato

Lowering Map Pokemon's Health

The purpose of this Idea/Feedback is to come up with an ease of life solution to Lowering Map Pokemon's Health

The current system we have is to have Pokemon with weak attacks and low level Pokemon attack map Pokemon in order to lower their health for an easy capture in a Pokeball. The problem with this is that lvl 100 pokemon can do a minimum of 25dmg (from what I have found) and low level Pokemon die much to quickly, are difficult to understand their damage threshold, and in the case you kill the pokemon now the level is increased and has a different damage role.

* I personally have 2 lvl 100 Shiny Pinisir's with the moves Bind (25dmg), Feint (50dmg), False Swipe or Quick Attack (67dmg). Using normal moves makes the damage I deal consistent as it is not super effective toward any type. But I cannot use these moves against Ghost Pokemon and sometimes 24 health and lower Pokemon take literally 50 Pokeballs to capture. As well as if I were to use low level Pokemon after using my lvl 100 Pinisr, it could take well over 50 turns to switch in my low level Pokemon because my Pinsir would have to faint first.

Why not just use a great ball, ultra ball, etc.?
The Pokedex shows what Ball you used to capture Pokemon in and it looks nicer if it is the same ball. Obviously I am going for Pokeballs.

My Idea's

1. Add a "Rock" item (like from the safari Zone). You can buy these from the Pokemart and deal 1 dmg or deal "more dmg" BUT have a false swipe effect.

2. Make False Swipe or another new move have the False Swipe effect from the main games OR make it deal 1-5dmg

3. Allow the switching of Pokemon mid battle without having your Pokemon die OR make a Pokemart purchasable item that faints your Pokemon lol

To Conclude, this Idea and Feedback is understandably low on the totem pole compared to much more game advancing ideas like Saved Teams or Wonder Trade. But hopefully I have made my point and given thought to "reasonable" concern.

*In the mean time if you have a better way of consistently dealing damage to map Pokemon to 1-10hp please let me know*

• Love-dis 1

False Swipe would be nice. 

On 1/6/2021 at 7:30 PM, TheBedPotato said:

3. Allow the switching of Pokemon mid battle without having your Pokemon die OR make a Pokemart purchasable item that faints your Pokemon lol

Regarding this, you can just refresh your page during a battle and it'll take you back to the Pokemon selection screen so that you can essentially change the Pokemon you were using. Bit of a workaround but yeah.

• Upvote 1