Pokémon Vortex
DrStache

Mega Stones / Sidquests

Question

So just want to double check: I saw on the wiki the only way to get some mega stones and other rare items are through sidequests or loot boxes (yay) or Pokebay (if you're flush with poke-cash). I understand that scarcity creates value but, I feel like this is a little too extreme.

If I'm not mistaken, you have to battle through one region to get to the next. So if you want Garchompite, you have to battle through Kanto, Johto, Sevii Islands, TCG Islands, Orange Islands, Hoenn, Almia, and ORRE of all places, before you can even reach Sinnoh's sidequests. According to the wiki, that would be 1076 battles just to get to where you want. And THEN, after clicking hyper beam 1076 times multiplied by 6, ONLY THEN, do you get the honor of being graced with the 12% drop rate of the specific mega-stone you require. And if you don't get it in 248 battles, which you know, could be possible...you'd have to reset and do the whole thing over again.

Isn't that a little sadistic? I'm not asking to be given it (even though we already have some mega stones available right in the poke-mart), but could we at least be given an option to do sidequests for the specific region you want? I just want to make my ideal mega-evolution time for funsies. I don't know if I have it in me to click the battle button that many times.

4 answers to this question

1 hour ago, DrStache said:

So just want to double check: I saw on the wiki the only way to get some mega stones and other rare items are through sidequests or loot boxes (yay) or Pokebay (if you're flush with poke-cash). I understand that scarcity creates value but, I feel like this is a little too extreme.

If I'm not mistaken, you have to battle through one region to get to the next. So if you want Garchompite, you have to battle through Kanto, Johto, Sevii Islands, TCG Islands, Orange Islands, Hoenn, Almia, and ORRE of all places, before you can even reach Sinnoh's sidequests. According to the wiki, that would be 1076 battles just to get to where you want. And THEN, after clicking hyper beam 1076 times multiplied by 6, ONLY THEN, do you get the honor of being graced with the 12% drop rate of the specific mega-stone you require. And if you don't get it in 248 battles, which you know, could be possible...you'd have to reset and do the whole thing over again.

Isn't that a little sadistic? I'm not asking to be given it (even though we already have some mega stones available right in the poke-mart), but could we at least be given an option to do sidequests for the specific region you want? I just want to make my ideal mega-evolution time for funsies. I don't know if I have it in me to click the battle button that many times.

After a update megastones are no longer available in pokemart. still you get from sidequest (as exclusive rewards) or from premium items (MBS) or from pokebay as promo or claimed.

It seem like you are looking for easy way to get megastone (s).

And if you're suggesting / feeding use provide and feedback section...

2 hours ago, DrStache said:

ik its kinda hard, but in the series its hard to get mega stones, so i think thats fair