Pokémon Vortex

Question

Hello, I was wondering why people will bid ridiculous amounts on trivial items in the auctions? I see one single pokeball up for 95 million pokedollars and it will have one (or more!!?) bids. Oftentimes it is "deluxe/premium" account that is creating the auction. Are the people bidding on these auctions hackers? Created by the people starting the auction, to pad their own bank accounts? Surely this is a game-breaking problem, how can it be addressed? I grind all day for 1 million, seems unfair. 

3 answers to this question

Generally this is related to a different trade that's going on.
It's impossible to give someone money. So instead someone would put an item with a low value on Pokébay, such as a Pokéball. The person that has to or wants to give the money then bids a very large amount on that item.
As that item is not worth a lot, it's extremely unlikely anyone will outbid them. That makes this a prettry safe way to 'transfer' money.
It's not a full transfer though, as 10% of the amount used for the bid does not go to the seller. They get 90%.

1 minute ago, FastestEWO said:

Hello, I was wondering why people will bid ridiculous amounts on trivial items in the auctions? I see one single pokeball up for 95 million pokedollars and it will have one (or more!!?) bids. Oftentimes it is "deluxe/premium" account that is creating the auction. Are the people bidding on these auctions hackers? Created by the people starting the auction, to pad their own bank accounts? Surely this is a game-breaking problem, how can it be addressed? I grind all day for 1 million, seems unfair. 

Most of the time its because there buying a pokemon from someone or paying someone for a exp job