Pokémon Vortex
Akira_Joe

Pokemon's Hapiness - Fight or suffice to be in the team ?

Question

Hi,

I have read through several previous posts on the happiness of the pokemon where in short :

- Each battle randomized between 1 or 2 happiness points (hP)

- 73 hP for 1 heart

- 220 hP for 3 hearts

With that i have 2 questions :

1. If i went to explore with a charmander and squirtle in my team, winning a battle against a wild bulbasaur using only my charmander will grant a 1 or 2  hP to my charmander. Does the squirtle also gain the hP ?

2. Inversely, if i only have a charmander in my team, winning a battle against a trainer with 6 pokemons would increase the happiness of my charmander by

a. 1-2 hP

or

b. 6-12 hP (1-2 hP for each pokemon defeated)

Your feedback is much appreciated, Thanks ! ^^

4 answers to this question

18 minutes ago, Auke1993 said:

A Pokémon has to participate in a battle to gain happiness points.
You gain 1-2 happiness points per battle. A trainer with 6 Pokémon counts as 1 battle, so you'd gain 1-2 happiness points from it.

Aha, understood. Hence why people recommend going for explore to increase the happiness faster. Much thanks ^^

25 minutes ago, Akira_Joe said:

Aha, understood. Hence why people recommend going for explore to increase the happiness faster. Much thanks ^^

That's an option. Fighting trainers or Gyms with 3-4 Pokémon may work slightly better, depending on the Pokémon you're using and how quickly you usually (are able to) press the different buttons within Pokémon Vortex.