Pokémon Vortex
Beast1546

Vortex Changes

Honestly, I don't know how to title this, but how much has Pokémon Vortex changed recently? I think it's interesting because I've noticed when I check out newer accounts they seem to start in either April or May, pretty recently. Has there been a surge in new players recently? I've been off of Vortex for about, my god, I think nearly a year. I remember the Arceus (Dragon) event being my last event, sad I missed out on that one, but it was still in the mapped out form, with different areas specifically (at least normally) for different types. I was shocked when I came back and I saw the 5.0.0 release, and the new graphics. When the Mr. Rime event first came out, I was so surprised about how it looked and hoped it would become a reality. I just wonder if anyone else felt like Vortex took a different turn with that update, and anything I've missed? Finally, is it easier to hunt legendaries or something? Or are new players more 'dedicated' to it? Just seems like a lot of newer players have legendaries (mostly OT) on their teams.

The new map system is certainly the biggest change we've had in a long time.
There's been some other little things, but I don't recall that many updates that stayed the entire time. It's been mostly events that last a few days, such as the Ash-Greninja event we have now.

The spawn rate for Legendaries is not known, but I feel that they are rarer than on the older maps. The newer players likely are quite dedicated, and are excited to play more, and therefore spend more time to find a Legendary.

The Explore mode in my opinion is a really cool change to the game. To be honest I didn’t really enjoy (no offence to the creators) the legacy maps because on phone and tablet you had to keep pressing arrows and it didn’t feel “right” for me even on laptop/computer. Asides from the V5 update, I don’t think many changes has been made to the game (at least that’s what I think)

Edited by HyperPanther