Pokémon Vortex
turflam

BREEDING SYSTEM!!!

I've mentioned it before but I think it would be cool to implement some kind of breeding system. I feel like with the new update the exploring option will give players the ability to do the whole egg hatch thing based off how many steps you take or something like that I'm not sure yet but I think that this is a really cool idea and I think that if we see a breeding system in Pokemon Vortex it would be great

• Love-dis 1

Idea is not bad, but i see 2 problems with it.

1st: If player has lot of rare event pokemons and breeds them, he gets even more of them and they lose value in general and in the end only players with rare pokemons gain from it as they can start selling/trading those for other pokemons.

2nd: If you want to avoid first problem un you cant breed event pokemons, then you can get only common, uncommon and legendary. considering getting those is easy for almost everyone with bit of work, i do not think many would do breeding.

My opinion: Considering past experience with Wonder Trade ingame, where it was nice at start and during its event, after week or two, almost no one took part in Wonder Trade at all. Idea is not bad, but if there is no extra reason to breed, then most players will just ignore it, but adding extra benefits just to make breeding popular is not so good by it self.

• Love-dis 1

On 5/23/2021 at 12:48 PM, ImmortalDarkCrow said:

Idea is not bad, but i see 2 problems with it.

1st: If player has lot of rare event pokemons and breeds them, he gets even more of them and they lose value in general and in the end only players with rare pokemons gain from it as they can start selling/trading those for other pokemons.

2nd: If you want to avoid first problem un you cant breed event pokemons, then you can get only common, uncommon and legendary. considering getting those is easy for almost everyone with bit of work, i do not think many would do breeding.

My opinion: Considering past experience with Wonder Trade ingame, where it was nice at start and during its event, after week or two, almost no one took part in Wonder Trade at all. Idea is not bad, but if there is no extra reason to breed, then most players will just ignore it, but adding extra benefits just to make breeding popular is not so good by it self.

maybe they could add custom pokes (we already have 4, can't hurt adding more, can it?) which we get when we breed certain pokemon, in this case, events. that way we the value of event pokemon would stay the same and this new idea can be implemented. sure it would take time to design these but hey, who cares as long as the feature would still be added. plus there are a buttload of pokefusions out there, we could take inspiration from some, like this!  download-7_4.pngvolcanion x necrozma!

Edited by veerkv

If i remember correctly, Patrick is not fan of fusion/strange combination pokemons. Exception are holiday/event pokemons as they are just custom form of existing pokemons. That would make this games concept total mess, as this game tries to be closer to original games. And that would make lot of unneeded extra stuff for collectors.

And those 4 are "legacy" from original Pokemon Crater....? Or it was older version of PV. It's been so long that i may be wrong. Anyway, they are exception as they are legacy.

Edited by ImmortalDarkCrow