Pokémon Vortex
Evildrcrocs

Pokemon vortex lag

Before I could run PV just fine, but now one explore tab of it takes up 60% of my CPU!!!

Surely this isn't normal, is it an update or has my CPU broken?

Earlier after I was running PV, I could hear my fan going mad and my computer was REALLY hot.

Thanks,

Crocs.

• Upvote 1

Omg, it uses 1 GB of RAM.

I might have solved it, there seems to be a correlations between lagspikes in Wifi and in CPU performance, I'm on the map, my friend is playing some game on their ipad, and people are watching BBC on TV.

With more fiddling I found some random chrome process using 700MB of RAM, I closed this so I should be good now, but IDK.

I'm 90% sure it was the map doing it, as when I ended the task my map just went black.

• Upvote 1

• Developer

Hi, can you please follow these steps:

1. In Chrome, go to Menu Settings Advanced > System.
  2. Check that the option "Use hardware acceleration when available" is enabled.
  3. If this is not already enabled, please enable it and then relaunch Chrome as instructed.

Let me know if this helps.

• Upvote 1

• Developer

In my experience, the explore tab only uses 100MB of RAM + 50MB GPU memory in Chrome.  This seems quite reasonable to me considering this forum tab takes up 60MB of RAM.

image.png

Please show where you are seeing this 1.7 GB of RAM usage? This is 10x greater than I would expect.  Perhaps you have a browser extension which is causing the problem?