Pokémon Vortex
marllonflaxDxD

Devaluation of premiums from sidequests whose prices are undervalued and suggestions for improvement for the game in general.

I'm realizing that the sidequests are very outdated with the very low possibility of getting fossil pokemon and some other rare items. In the past it was much fairer, as currently, the easiest way to get the fossils is to buy the mystery box, exchange from other players or via pokebay. I've been doing sidequest for a long time (very long time, any gm can check my used accounts and they'll see. Because I use this to level up exp and get some items that have lost value today), but I find myself unmotivated to complete it completely, because the only ones Desired items are ice stone(a lot), red orb, blue orb and the "impossible" fossils to get.

It takes 2121 battles, part of 250 of them with pokemon level 150, to rarely get a fossil. In terms of cost benefit, it is better to farm money in another way and quest items with those who buy mystery box and sell them on pokebay.

for you to have an idea of the devaluation, the current prices of the rarer items are: 

More prizes of rared itens in sidequest

862 battles for a chance to get one of the two orbs

Blue Orb(Blue_Orb.png) 6,000,000 pds -12,000,000 pds(maximum value)

Red Orb(Red_Orb.png)7,000,000 pds - 14,000,000 pds(maximum value)

1870 battles for a chance to get one Ice Stone(Ice_Stone.png)(very required item) or 10-25 Beast Ball(Beast_Ball.png)(little required and difficult to sell.)

Prizes:

Ice Stone(Ice_Stone.png)1,800,000pds - 2,500,000pds

Beast Ball(Beast_Ball.png)500,000pds(minimum) - 750,000pds. (Each Beast Ball)

prizes/sidequests items that are undervalued

2,121 battles needed to win the prize and the value of the item obtained.

(excluding love sweet which is event, but little required/wanted)

Cracked Pot  (Cracked_Pot.png) 888,888 - 1,111,111

Sweet Apple (Sweet_Apple.png) 999,999 -1,111,111

Tart Apple (Tart_Apple.png) 1,000,000 - 1,500,000

Galarica Cuff (Galarica_Cuff.png) 555,555pds - 999,999pds

Berry Sweet(Berry_Sweet.png)500,000 pds

Flower Sweet(Flower_Sweet.png)500,000 pds

Love Sweet(event)(Love_Sweet.png)999,999 pds - 1,500,000 pds

Ribbon Sweet(Ribbon_Sweet.png)500,000 pds

Star Sweet(Star_Sweet.png)666,666pds -999,999pds

Strawberry Sweet(Strawberry_Sweet.png)500,000

Items that get depressing when they are won via sidequest due to the absurd amount of them in the game because they can be obtained in other ways (like mystery box, for example):

155 battles needed to win the prize and the value of the item obtained:

- Mewtwonite X(Mewtwonite_X.png) 80,000 - 100,000pds

- Mewtwonite Y(Mewtwonite_Y.png)100,000-150,000pds

(Ps:more expensive due to demand. it seems that players like the Y version more than the X version)

- Slowbronite(Slowbronite.png) 200,00 - 300,000pds

(Ps:low demand, difficult to sell and undervalued item due to excessive items in the game)

- Pinsirite(Pinsirite.png)100,000 pds (Low demand, difficult to sell)

- Pidgeotite(Pidgeotite.png)400,000pds - 555,556 pds

(Ps:one of the best mega to sell (there are only 3 with some value in the game), because there is still demand. But soon everyone will have the megas and no longer need to buy. Apart from the fact that there are a large number of mega stones due to the various ways to get it)

- Gengarite(Gengarite.png) 555,556pds - 800,000pds

(Ps: The first value mega in kanto(one of the best two megas), that still has some value. Although those who have several megs due to mystery box sell them for 100,000pds)

- Kangaskhanite(Kangaskhanite.png80,000 pds ??

Ps:I have no idea how much they would pay for it, as the demand is almost nil. But I've already managed to sell for the quoted price(80,000)

-Breedrillite(Beedrillite.png) 300pds

-Gyaradosite(Gyaradosite.png) 400,000pds - 500,000pds

-Aerodactlylite (Aerodactylite.png) 100,000 - 150,000pds

307 battles needed to win the prize and the value of the item obtained:

-Ampharosite(Ampharosite.png) 400,000 pds

-Heracronite(Heracronite.png)300,000 pds

-Houndoominite(Houndoominite.png)400pds

-Scizorite(Scizorite.png) 300,000 pds

-Steelixite(Steelixite.png)400,000-555,556 pds

-Tyranitarite(Tyranitarite.png)400,000-555,556 pds

416 battles needed to win the prize and the value of the item obtained:

(I don't complain about the prizes selected for these sidequests, because even if I can't sell these balls that are little sought after, I can use them.

besides these balls are much more expensive in pokemart. So it was very well planned, I really like compatibility on the sidequest and earning those balls (especially the dive).)

-Dive Ball(Dive_Ball.png) 25,000 pds for 25 balls

-Dusk Ball(Dusk_Ball.png) 25,000 pds for 25 balls

-Moon Ball(Moon_Ball.png) 25,000 pds for 25 balls

-Net Ball(Net_Ball.png) 25,000 pds for 25 balls

467 battles needed to win the prize and the value of the item obtained:

(I don't complain about the prizes selected for these sidequests, because even if I can't sell these balls that are little sought after, I can use them.

besides these balls are much more expensive in pokemart. So it was very well planned, I really like compatibility on the sidequest and earning those balls (especially the dive).)

604 battles needed to win the prize and the value of the item obtained.

862 battles needed to win the prize and the value of the item obtained:

(258 being hoenn sidequest to win mega stone which is hardly sold)

-Latiasite(Latiasite.png) 100,000 pds

-Latiosite(Latiosite.png) 100,000 pds

-Sharpedonite(Sharpedonite.png) 300,000 - 400,000 pds

-Salamencite(Salamencite.png) 400,000 -555,556 pds

-Sablenite(Sablenite.png) 500,000-700,000

-Metagrossite(Metagrossite.png) 500,000

-Medichamite(Medichamite.png) 150,000 - 250,000

-Mawilite(Mawilite.png)150,000 - 250,000

-Manectric(Manectite.png)200,000 - 300,000

-Glalitite(Glalitite.png) 300,000

-Gardevoirite(Gardevoirite.png) 600,000

-Cameruptite(Cameruptite.png) 200,000

-Banettite(Banettite.png) 150,000 - 250,000

-Altarianite(Altarianite.png) 400,000

-Aggronite(Aggronite.png) 400,000

-Absolite(Absolite.png) 300,000

974 battles needed to win the prize and the value of the item obtained:

1076 battles needed to win the prize and the value of the item obtained:

1324 Battles needed to win the prize and the value of the item obtained:

(248 being sinnoh's sidequest to win mega stone which is hardly sold, although Lucarionite and Garchompite are well sold

Abomasite(Abomasite.png) 300,000

Galladite(Galladite.png) 400,000 - 500,000

Garchompite(Garchompite.png) 555,556

Lopunnite(Lopunnite.png) 200,000

Lucarionite(Lucarionite.png) 600,000 - 700,000

1482 Battles needed to win the prize and the value of the item obtained:

Audinite(Audinite.png) 80,000 pds

This part of the sidequest is the most revolting.

There are 1482 sidequest battles to have an incredible 60% chance of getting a mega stone (forgive me, but I keep my criticism that the mega stones should be transferred elsewhere). With that 60% after making 1482 battles, you get an Audinite that squashes 80,000 pds on Pokebay, when someone is interested in buying. There are times when nobody buys because it is already full of mega stones.

Just to understand the revolt, with 4 pokemon level 6 I can make 100,000 in a matter of minutes. I find it much more advantageous to farm 100,000$ with 4 immune pokemon at level 6 than making 1486 battles too long and thoughtful (because there are several pokemon of various types in the sidequest) to have an incredible 60% chance of winning a devalued item and that at most, if you are lucky to be able to sell, get 80,000$.

With the 4 immune level 6, I can at least get $100,000 a minutes (as I said), but more can come. It depends on luck. The minimum for each lvl 6 imunity is 25,000$, mad sometimes it comes 50,000, 100,000 or even 200,000$ as I myself had the luck to farm)

1651 Battles needed to win the prize and the value of the item obtained:

169 battles very well rewarded in the Kalos sidequest due to the Xerneas Types which, if it's still the Promo Code year, has a very high demand and value for the effort made in the battles.

Although Normal Xerneas (Neutral) has a normal value, but it is part of the market, as it is the easiest to get and is the least valued type (usually shadow and shiny are the most expensive and normal is really cheap).

The only depressing part is getting a Diancinite whose value is too low and nobody buys if the value isn't too low.

Xerneas%20(Neutral).png32,7%

Shiny%20Xerneas%20(Neutral).png5,45%

Dark%20Xerneas%20(Neutral).png5,45%

Mystic%20Xerneas%20(Neutral).png5,45%

Metallic%20Xerneas%20(Neutral).png5,45%

Shadow%20Xerneas%20(Neutral).png5,45%

-Diancinite(Diancite.png) 34% of chance to come to mega stone with a low price.

Value = 80,000 - 100,000 pds

________///________CONTINUE________///_______

(My old topic of daily missions and suggestions of premiuns. Posted 28 November 2020)

I recommend that you do a daily quest type (daily missions other than sidequest a battle) that rewards participants for completing each of these daily quests. They could be divided into tiers of difficulty: D (easy), C (medium), B (difficult), A (elite) and S (top). Each with a different level of prize, that is, quest tier D, which will be the first of the day, will give light / cheap prizes (low amount of money, stones from the pokemart, etc.), while those from the tier S will be the last level quest, after the players have already gone through all the other tiers (D, C, B and A). At the end of the day (00:00 game time), all quests are reset (as they are daily) and players have to start again from tier D to S
example: a tier D daily quest may ask for missions such as: capturing 6x dark scatterbug, upon finishing the player wins a prize according to the difficulty.
already a tier S, it could be capturing 2x unique ultra beast, 10x unique eternatus (for example), completing '' X '' battles in the sidequest (or completing one or more specific sidequest.

I would complete the sidequest as a mission, but I think impossible in less than 24 hours, not even in 1 day).
Each mission with a different prize (but obviously an S tier should come with a very good prize because it is almost impossible to do and has less than 24 hours to do it, as it would have to go through tier D to tier A first.)
there could be several random daily quests from D to S and the player would get one of those daily missions depending on luck.

Beast balls (which is very difficult to sell), mega stones (which are coming out at almost 80,000-400,000pds at most), berry sweets, cracked pot, flower sweet, galarica cuff, ribbon sweet, etc., all devalued. (less ice stone because of the amount of pokemon needed to evolve through it.)

Mega stones, dive ball, dusk ball, moon ball, net ball, points exclusive, money game, exclusive avatar and some other items could be some of these daily quest prizes.

because the mega stones and other items from sidequests are devaluing so much that it's hard to sell.

I'm seeing player selling audinite for 80,000 pds after having battled 1482 times.(I have to sell myself at this price or they'll be stuck on the account)

It's been much more profitable to farm in another way than trying to do 2121 sidequest battles and getting little reward

(Better part than thinking) Daily quest possible to be linked to clans, as they would motivate players to complete all daily quests before the day is over and all daily quests completed reset. Each day of completed missions (according to difficulty) would generate accumulated points(probally little money for each mission/task done according to difficulty

for all clan and individual members(according to the individual effort of each player)that could be reverted into points that can be exchanged for prizes that are distributed without disagreement and some of the best seasonal trainer (even advice for fossils, but it's unfair with the sidequests, as I really enjoy doing them.)

the process would be similar to the seasonal top trainer, but with the clan, the clan whose members had the highest scores from completed missions for days, would get a certain raking at the end of the month (all would be important to the clan's success, and that's why clan do o would look for the best players and players for the best clans. The reward currency is similar (or even the same) as the seasonal top trainer (I leave that to the developers), but if I could give my opinion on what to do [since there are several types of coins (discord coins, game coins, STT coins, etc), I would recommend points to be redeemed for ALL these coins, player choice, plus prize for the 5 or 10 best clans (arceus (unknown)), mewtwo (shadow), or any other prize of choice for developer) for the members who have made the most points within the ranked clans.

Daily mission could even help the seasonal top trainer, as there would possibly be missions to capture pokemons, battle conclusions, etc. There would be a huge range of gameplay for the player to choose from. in solo via STT, in group via clan, some doing both (as there would be a way), capturing new types (dark)[I'll explain later about the inclusion of these new extremely rare and catchable Pokémon that can excite players and shake up the game's trading and internal sales market] of pokemon that would be ultra rare and cost very expensive (there are even 898 (Dark) pokemon or more if they do normal,dark,mystic,metallic,shadow and shiny from each of them or just (Dark) type ultra rared pokémon.(So there is no need to create 6286 or more new sprits, which would take a long time and possibly take up a lot of space. It's understandable.).

A Dark necrozma (Dark), for example, could have an incalculable price. The gameplay and market of the game would rotate a lot and would not affect the Mystery Box or Pokémon Premium (which would probably have the inclusion of the type (Dark) in them)

________///________CONTINUE________///_______

Another problem I encounter is a difficulty in getting ancient events from special data in the same way as the ancient events that are now found in the mystery box were. It is a constructive criticism, as I saw that the criticisms that were made about the non-commemorative events were heeded and today it is easier to get them via mystery box, commerce, pokebay, etc.

My solution to the problem (which I consider a problem, but I respect contrary opinions), is to gradually release the old festive events (halloween, christmas, star wars, etc.) as it was done between 12/15/2016 (beginning of the old christmas event) - 27/12/2016(end of the old christmas event), in which to participate it was necessary to spend an amount '' x '' of money in the game to be able to spin the roulette wheel with 12 options of pokémon from old festive events. 12 Pokémon, only 3 were awarded.

more "like" events like this could be done, giving the possibility for new or old players who for some reason had to go away to have a chance to get these old festive events. In the next Hallowee event, for example, they could give the possibility to co-follow these old events (with their respective difficulties, of course.), but it would be something to make the players' lives and ability easier.more "like" events like this could be done, giving the possibility for new or old players who for some reason had to go away to have a chance to get these old festive events.

In the next Halloween event, for example, they could give the possibility to get these old events (with their respective difficulties, of course.), but it would be something to make the gameplay and the players' lives easier

-------------///-------------CONTINUE-------------///-----------

Another thing (and that possibly will annoy some, but I apologize in advance), but some players find it more attractive to play the game over the phone "time or another" than through the PC, which allows them to have a gigantic range of other options to choose from when instead of pokémon vortex (again, don't be offended, just a critical view in a respectful and constructive way, analyzing the advance of time from 2010 to 2021 and the change in the public's desire of the last two generations.) So I think it's completely unfair (my opinion, there's absolutely no certainty about this), players can exclusively get certain pokemon via discord or other networks that help the game (completely understanding the need for them to work), but there is no other way to get these pokemon and itens like Meltan Candy

(Meltan_Candy.png) within the game, whether by daily missions, sidequest, battle, via a map temporarily or another means chosen by the administrators, it complicates the life of those who want to have them, but don't have time to be in discord or can't compete with a PC. There should be some other way to get cosmog, cosmoem, solgaleo, lunala, morpeko (hangry), mewtwo (evolution), galarica wreath, among others, other than just by discord.

mainly cosmog and its evolutions that are very desired.

When there is a Necrozma event, it will be impossible for everyone to do it equally, without at least the cosmogs being placed on the maps

-------------///-------------CONTINUE-------------///-----------

Another perception that I observe is that many have already acquired all (or a good part) of the uniques pokemon not rare and the old legends for obvious reasons (11 years of pokéon vortex.), even if they take a long time to release the new pokémon from the galar update to that we don't have anything to do (again, don't be offended, I'm just saying because I know if the new pokemon are released quickly, we won't have more news to receive as we depend on updates from the game freak franchise). Only a few (like me) still hunt the new galar legends because they haven't caught them all, but in a matter of time they will complete them all.

I would suggest (in principle) items to be found by the map, even to be linked to gigantamax (only a few, others would be for events) like Max Soup and Max Mushrooms for example (with the rarity selected by the game owner and its employees)

I don't know if it would be possible to make the sprit exactly like the Max Soup pan and Max Mushrooms from Pokemon SWSH, but if it could and was put to be found by the map it would be fantastic. For some rare exceptions (eternatus for example), there could be some method in temporary event.I don't know if it would be possible to make the sprit exactly like the Max Soup pan from Pokemon SWSH, but if it could be done, and it was put to be found by the map, it would be fantastic. For some rare exceptions (eternatus for example), there could be some method in temporary event.

Something that I think for the Pokémon Vortex, but that is not my design, but an old one that could be used, is the kind of design (dark) like a very rare Pokémon to get in the game. However, all 898 existing pokémon will have the (dark) type (which would be more a type of pokémon like dark, mystic, etc., but with a much greater rarity, with encounter percentage of a legend to a normal one (Dark ) non-legend, single legend for a single (dark) non-legend, ultra-normal beast for a normal legend (Dark), single ultra-beast for a single legend (Dark), 1.5x or 2x more difficulties from a normal ultra beast to a normal ultra beast (Dark) and 3.5 or 4x more difficulty than a single ultra beast to a unique ultra beast (Dark)

Exemple:

Celebi%20(Dark).gifDark Celebi (Dark) with rarity of a unique ultra beast

Tyranitar%20(Dark).gifDark Tyranitar (Dark) with rarity of a unique legend.

[Ps:

would evolve from Dark Larvitar (Dark) -->> Dark Pupitar (Dark).](or just larvitar, pupitar and tyranitar(Dark), because if you include a dark type, they would have to include 5 other types (normal, mystic, metallic, shadow and shiny) and it would take a lot of work to create more than 800 sprits for each type( besides the occupation of space on the server, I understand.))

Would have to create a sprits normal, dark, mystic, metallic, shiny and shadow (Dark) pokemon or just leave them with "(Dark)" and being one more type of pokemon to be found (seven in this case).

This would make the gameplay more difficult on the map to complete the Pokémon, would value this new (or new) "types" of Pokémon, would move money on pokebay by buying and selling these rare pokémon, they would make players stay longer on the maps hunting and battling in the sidequest with the changes made (which would make it more rewarding and valued to do 2121 battles) and the creation of the daily quest linked to the clans, there could be exclusive auctions for the game itself, events, prizes for clans among several other possibilities to use them.

would make players suffer to complete every (Dark) type au and would be extremely rare (like a special pokemon, something like an extremely difficult thing or, in some cases, almost impossible to achieve. I thought it was inspired by the Ultra Beasts, but they are few and they are very strong Pokémon. I imagined in something different, in weak and undesirable Pokémon for some, but with this rarity and with few in the game they would be much sought after, even a Caterpie (Dark) that would appear very rarely on the map (as well as the others (Dark)) , something to be very special even when found, besides making it difficult to complete the pokedex like for example, being one of the few players to have a Riolu (Dark) captured with a lot of luck and knowing that its value would be almost incalculable due to the fact that there are more than 800 types (dark) across the map and all of them with extreme difficulty to be found.

The sprits of these (dark) pokemon have always been fanatical (I don't know who did) and I'm sure many would play a lot to get them

-----------/////----------------/////----------------/////--------------

there should be a considerable increase in global top trainer, at least another 100-300 participants. In addition to increasing the number of participants in the seasonal top trainer (more than 50 at least, although I already think the STT is good), increasing the amount of prizes available to buy (even though I am already satisfied as it is currently), increasing the prize to (at least) to the top 10-20 and, most importantly, increase the value of some prizes. Galarica cuff, Cracked pots, Beast Balls (mainly) and all avatars, as it is devaluing the market (minus avatars, by the way) (no offense, constructive criticism again). Only the Ice Stones are priced fairly for the difficulty of getting them via sidequest.

Other things I just thought to make life easier for the players were:

1- Create a pokemon search list in the players' trade list to make it easier to search for trades (instead of clicking from number to number of pokemon list in the player's trade)

2- Another cool idea is the possibility of selling seasonal top trainer coins. Not everyone is able to stay in the top 5, even playing with a lot of effort (especially novices players), so it would be possible to think about this possibility, because waiting 5 months to buy a unique galarian bird is tiring.

3- I don't know if this would be possible, but it would be nice to be able to relist all pokemon, item, avatar, etc, at once on pokebay. Replacing cpisas to be auctioned/sold 1 in 1 takes a long time and depending on how many things you have (legends, uniques rares, mega stones, balls, events, etc.) becomes something too tiring, because it has to be "many times" on pokebay just to relist auctions

4- I don't know if that would be possible either, but it would be nice to be able to allow pokemon tying on pokebay. Although I don't think players would join the idea. But it would be nice to be able to sell an entire set of Hoopa event for an "x" value for example. It would reduce the size of the personal auction list on pokebay as well.

5- Global Chat within the game to facilitate interaction between everyone. With that, you could even create a trade tab in the chat so that players could share their stuff with the pre-defined price. Something similar to Discord, but within the game, as not everyone wants to create an account on Discord or has no interaction with people outside their countries. A general in-game chat could open up inclusive space for multiple channels of interaction. Yes, it would need moderators, but they could look for some who would accept to be rewarded with things from the game itself (or other means of selection) in exchange for the service that would help the game a lot.

6- Change in game lottery. Allowing players to buy multiple tickets is preventing single players from having an opportunity to get an Arceus (unknown). The old Pokémon Vortex V1.8 lottery was much fairer and more exciting (even for having more options of Pokémon as a prize), because any online player who bought a ticket to participate in the draw, had a chance to win (apart from the fact that it was so much more exciting to know that you were so lucky to win).

I know very well that the objective of the current lottery is to make players have less money in their account (inventory) so that it doesn't unbalance the game's financial market (as they do with exclusive auctions/especially with exclusive and rare avatars), but there are several others ways to do this without leaving the lottery just for those who invest a lot of money to get as much ticket as possible.

-----///-------//------///------

the end of observations and recommendations for the game.(Yes, text was big for #&*!&*#*! and I gave several ideas in one topic. Forgive me whoever reads it all.)

----///-------//------///------

With all due respect to the flamescape who just made an amazing hoopa event (I captured hoopa in "bulk" xD), to Patrick who has been working on the pokémon vortex since 2010 and, mainly, trying to bring the old crater image, to Chris who helped part of the creation and is no longer an admin, but I did just some thoughts about what I thought could improve the game, but it's just my vision, an old player, with the desire to be even more stimulated by the game.

I sincerely apologize if this one undoes someone's work or if acquaintances are offended (you never know what the other will think, so, just in case, I apologize to them)

Ps: Thanks for recovering my old forum account. I really like your game and I'm very sorry for what I did to you at the end of last year. Looking forward to the Halloween event and thanks for the game.:^_^:

Edited by marllonflaxDxD
  • Love-dis 1
  • Upvote 7

Yeah it’s pretty upsetting to work so much only to get some balls with almost no value. The only good stuff you can get from it is fossils, and only a few of them have a high selling point with an extremely less chance to get like sail and jaw fossils that are only available after completing kalos sidequests . If you don’t get them,you can at least get fossilized drakes, Dinos etc in Galarian sidequests but only 1.5 chance, when you get something else, all hope is lost. All those battles for just some bunch of stuff not THAT valuable. And most of the battles are just boring except the actual fun battles like pokes with a higher level and hard to defeat, take the last part of alola, it was full of high leveled  unique ultra beasts which was actually fun to defeat unlike all the other battles it’s just the same pokemon again and again.

about the necrozma event, getting a shiny dawn/dusk necro will need a shiny necrozma as well as a shiny cosmog, that will be a bit hard for the people who dont use discord. What I’m trying to say is if you fuse a normal necrozma and a normal lunala there should be a TINY chance to get a variant, like 0.1 percent.

there are the other variants which will be com8ng in the side dex including tyranitar dark and mewtwo shadow too

Edited by dades
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1