Jump to content
Pokémon Vortex

Recommended Posts

I want to ask why is there a timer btw bids as auctions at the last minute or seconds are impossible to win and specially in the case of desirable items or pokemon since there are multiple people bidding but since i can only make bids 10 seconds after my previous one i need to time by bids. Auctions shouldnt be about sniping its about who is willing to spend more money. A cool thing would be that if the auction is in its last 30 seconds each new bid should reset the auction back to 30 seconds or one minute. 

  • T-rubbish 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The timeout is to give people a chance to win auctions and prevent over-excessive bidding. If there was no timeout you'd see people spamming 5 bids at once in the last 5 seconds, also you'd see people sniping multiple auctions at the same time rather than being restricted to only one.

 

29 minutes ago, JUSTSTARTAGAIN said:

Auctions shouldnt be about sniping its about who is willing to spend more money.

Then spend more money. If you pay a good amount nobody will snipe it.

 

30 minutes ago, JUSTSTARTAGAIN said:

A cool thing would be that if the auction is in its last 30 seconds each new bid should reset the auction back to 30 seconds or one minute. 

This just sounds annoying more than anything

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually good idea, like in real auctions when a bidder increases the price the countdown starts from 3 again.

 

But this would be vastly criticized as most of the people do sniping and they like to do so by bidding a high at the last second.

Edited by akshatsupercool
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 11/4/2021 at 4:12 PM, billabob said:

The timeout is to give people a chance to win auctions and prevent over-excessive bidding. If there was no timeout you'd see people spamming 5 bids at once in the last 5 seconds, also you'd see people sniping multiple auctions at the same time rather than being restricted to only one.

 

Then spend more money. If you pay a good amount nobody will snipe it.

 

This just sounds annoying more than anything

yeah paying 1mil for a normal hoppa when its going for 350k to 400k is totally fine i guess and the 30 seconds part is actually how auctions work in other games or how they work in general. Your points here are kinda dumb ngl.

 

On 11/4/2021 at 4:37 PM, akshatsupercool said:

Actually good idea, like in real auctions when a bidder increases the price the countdown starts from 3 again.

 

But this would be vastly criticized as most of the people do sniping and they like to do so by bidding a high at the last second.

yeah but most of the community kind of dont know how auctions are supposed to work and the purpose of auctions. XD

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...