Pokémon Vortex
Captaincam1

Legacy Maps

Legacy Maps.

A majority of players are familiar with Legacy Maps. In case you don't know what they are they were the old maps used before the new maps were added. Now I'm not saying I hate the new maps because I don't, I have no complaints. Its nice to walk around and have that "Open world feeling" however, A friend and I were discussing Legacy maps and it reminded me of a lot of memories I had traveling with friends and having catching contests in the Legacy Maps. Legacy maps were actually really nice for one you could see Pokémon that other players recently caught and two it was also kind of nice to just have the up down and side to side movements just by using the arrow keys. And it was also nice having a lot of Pokémon in a smaller area with less routes that way you didn't have to travel to other places more often. I don't exactly know the real reason the maps were removed but if the reason was because the new maps were replacing them then I think there's no harm in bringing them back to collide with the new maps separately. 

I hope you'll consider this and I hope a lot of other people support this along with me :D 

Bring back Legacy Maps!

Maps - Pokémon Vortex Wiki

• Love-dis 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 6

This would be awesome, the Legacy Maps were such an integral part of the game for so long, and being able to play on them again would be such a great feature. Having the option to play on either the open world map or legacy maps would also make catching Pokémon a more variable experience, which is always good to have, in my opinion.

While I miss the nostalgia behind them, it isn't enough reason for a reboot.

They are inferior in most aspects, and also would be unnecessarily dividing the community. Even so I remember before the announcement of the Legacy Maps deletion, there was max 2 people on any one map at a time. I haven't skipped a valuable spawn in a year thanks to the changes and my brain cells don't die from the bordem of the old outdated technology.

Overall there is no real reason to revive legacy besides for nostalgia, live maps are more personable and engaging for the community as a whole. I still find joy in walking past my friends and we both stop and just run in circles signifying we saw each other and then continue our separate ways. It just seems like a waste of resources hosting the legacy maps again only for them to be barely used and those resources could be better spent elsewhere.

As for the recently caught. Possibility to add the slideshow underneath the live map when in windowed mode.
unknown.png?width=1194&height=754

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Devs: Lets spend numerous amount of hours to replace a very old system with something that looks better and modern.

You: ef you BrInG bAcK oLd MaPs

There was kind of a poll when new maps were first introduced for few days and almost everyone voted for new maps. Having two different maps ruins the value of things.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Personally I think this could be a great idea for an anniversary event. I think that it could be brought back even if separately to be accessed through the event centre with some potential event pokemon being released exclusive to these maps at the same time. 

• Developer

Just to add my 2 pence...

One of the reasons why we replaced the old maps was to combat cheaters/botters.  The new system is a lot more resistant to bots.  I would not like to go back to the days where I had to ban dozens of accounts each day for auto-hunting.

Secondly, running two different map systems side-by-side fractures the playerbase into two groups.  Ideally we'd like to see more player interaction, not less.

Finally, the new system is just more practical for us.  It's easier to make changes to the maps & spawns thanks to the modern tools we're using, it requires fewer server resources to run (- so it's less expensive to run), and going forward, we would like to be able to make more additions to the maps outside of just searching+catching (which would be impossible to implement in the legacy maps at the same time).

So, if you are just interested in reviving the old mechanical aspects of how the legacy maps worked - sorry, but I don't think this will ever happen.

However, if you're more interested in revisiting the old maps under the new system (as we did during the initial beta test in April 2020) - it's a possibility.  Time will tell.

• Love-dis 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 3