Pokémon Vortex
khyeborg

Idea for Sidequests

As the Pokemon Vortex progresses, more and more battles will be added to sidequests. That makes it progressively harder for players to reach the end of sidequests and claim rewards / special items at the end. Instead, opening mbs or buying items from the auction would be the main way players would obtain these special items. 

I recommend for sidequests to be segmented into different regions that players can select from: kanto, johto, hoenn... alola, galar. That way, players can pick specific regions that they'd like to do sidequests in. Also, this way, players might be more inclined to attempt sidequests to gain exp, rather than battle training accounts only (which makes the game more fun!)

There can be pre-requisites. For example, players should complete sidequests from start to end at least once before they are granted the ability to select specific regions. 

Some might say, the current sidequests is structured so that fossils are progressively harder to obtain (i.e. amaura - sail fossils are much harder to obtain than omanyte - helix fossil). But tbh, I believe many people obtain fossils from mbs in which the rarity of all fossils are equal anyway :) 

• Love-dis 2
  • Upvote 7

Good idea! I've been thinking this would be a good addition for a while tbh. Would certainly make fossil collecting more feasible, particularly for OT collectors.

As things stand, gen 8 fossils have been out for well over a year now, and not a single person has a full set. There are only 3 Shiny Arctozolts in the whole game, and I believe there was only 1 Mystic Arctozolt until this week.

It will surely help newbies and also help players earn loads of money and Exp while increasing Battle count, Moreover getting Fossils as well as rare items :) (AlAlso decreases grinding)

Following @Fred111's and @V7xyz's replies, I wanna emphasize that completing any region of the sidequest will still take a good amount of effort / time and the chance of a fossil drop would still be low. That way, the rarity of fossil poke is not upset. And we can actually give all players a fairer shot at obtaining fossils, instead of having a large majority of them (maybe disproportionate majority?) being obtained through mystery boxes. 

Sadly i have to disagree with that idea. 

No one is forced to open mbs to get sqs rewards (not all rewards you can get in mbs), so if player has ability to get mbs, he can use it. And pointing that as something bad about sqs is not correct. And sqs rewards are not that common in mbs to begin with.

It would not make game fun, it would make game easy and easy is not fun. As you would not get any satisfaction of getting something easly. Consider this: catching necrozma is much more fun then catching zubat. And with sqs its same. 

Sqs were never intented for exp grind, so that point is invalid.

And as was pointed out by Fred111. After 1  year no one has full set of galarian fossils, sorry but full set of kabuto is somewhat rare set. So that point is useless.

So, I consider sqs to be good as they are.

• Upvote 1

@ImmortalDarkCrow I respectfully disagree and you are missing the point. 

"Making the game easy" is when pay2win players buy loads of mbs and get tons of fossil codes. I have nothing against users buying mbs. I am actually supportive of that because that provides a source of income for the developers, which I think they should receive for creating and managing this great game for us. 

I have never bought or opened mbs. My only source of fossil poke is through sqs, except buying it through auctions from players who obtained them through mbs (mostly). Through my 2 years of playing, I have spent hours going through more than 40 rounds of sqs (2,122 battles each round!) and obtained maybe 7 fossils as a sq reward. On the other hand, 7 fossil promo codes is likely obtainable through opening say, 200 mbs

^Obtaining fossils is made quite easy for mbs folks, but not folks like me. To use your argument of "making the game easy", the game is already "made easy" for certain players. What I am pleading here is to make obtaining fossils "just a tiny bit easier" for the other group of players. That way we can even out the playing field a little. 

Your point on catching necrozma vs. zubat. I completely agree with you. Applying this analogy to the fossils situation tho, the difference here is that a group of players (the mbs players) is able to catch necrozma quite frequently, whereas the rest of us will barely ever see a necrozma because necrozma is just that rare on our side of the coin. 

Lastly, you mentioned - "Sorry but full set of kabuto is somewhat rare set". 

^ But that is not true - https://www.pokemon-vortex.com/pokedex/Kabuto

Just because there are about 600 of kabutos of each variation does not says that there are 600 players with full sets of kabuto. It just says that there are 600+ of each variation. And consider that those you could get from start of v3 that is 10+ years ? already. That is not much. For comparison 

https://www.pokemon-vortex.com/pokedex/Pikachu (Jedi)

Rare event pokemon that players were able to get only once. And there are about 300 of each variation. So 600 kabutos are nothing much.

And now to the main point.

To summary what you told: "Just because players that spend there money for mbs (there may be lot of reasons for that, example: do not have lot of time to grind sqs) to get fossils, everyone should should have easy way to get fossils."

That what i understood from your last post. Do not take it personally, but everything is just fine the way it is. And saying as person who has opened in total close to 200 mbs and got 3 fossils, 1 kanto and 2 alolan. For spending 200usd to get 3 fossils... Yes, i agree its easy to get fossils from mbs. 🤣🤣🤣

@ImmortalDarkCrow

You mentioned - "Sorry but full set of kabuto is somewhat rare set". 

^ I was just pointing out that this is not a true statement and debunking your statement with statistics from the Vortex database: https://www.pokemon-vortex.com/pokedex/Kabuto

"Just because there are about 600 of kabutos of each variation does not says that there are 600 players with full sets of kabuto."

^ True, and I agree. But that does not make your previous statement of "Sorry but full set of kabuto is somewhat rare set" a correct statement. Unless by "rare", you mean lots of people have it. 

I can't debate with you about your thoughts on which (kinds) of players should have greater access to fossils, so that is okay. You (from what I see, an every-now-and-then mb player) can have your views and I can have mine. We can respect each other for that :) 

Lastly, I'd like to point out that alolan fossils do not exist. Teehee. 

Edited by khyeborg
grammar