Pokémon Vortex
khyeborg

Mass Release Feature

Like many players trying to get on the monthly seasonal leaderboard, I catch a ton of Pokemon to ramp up my unique Pokemon count. What happens next is that I have to release these poke one by one (sorted based on Most Recently Caught - Thank Arceus for this filter). This loop of catching and releasing Pokemon (as a means to get onto the leadership without jeopardizing your all-time average experience) is extremely repetitive and time-consuming. 

I recommend we add a mass release feature for players to release up to X number of Pokemon at a time (maybe 12 because that’s the # of Pokemon listed per page). 

A potential concern: People might accidentally release some Pokemon they meant to keep.

A potential solution: The mass release feature is not available by default. Users have to opt-in to use the mass release feature, with clear warnings / disclaimers that no released Pokemon can be recovered (regardless of whether the release was intentional or unintentional, which is already the case anyway). 

@Devs, please add this feature so releasing poke caught for seasonals does not become a major chore 😭

Edited by khyeborg
Minor fixes
  • Upvote 4

5 hours ago, khyeborg said:

Like many players trying to get on the monthly seasonal leaderboard, I catch a ton of Pokemon to ramp up my unique Pokemon count. What happens next is that I have to release these poke one by one (sorted based on Most Recently Caught - Thank Arceus for this filter). This loop of catching and releasing Pokemon (as a means to get onto the leadership without jeopardizing your all-time average experience) is extremely repetitive and time-consuming. 

I recommend we add a mass release feature for players to release up to X number of Pokemon at a time (maybe 12 because that’s the # of Pokemon listed per page). 

A potential concern: People might accidentally release some Pokemon they meant to keep.

A potential solution: The mass release feature is not available by default. Users have to opt-in to use the mass release feature, with clear warnings / disclaimers that no released Pokemon can be recovered (regardless of whether the release was intentional or unintentional, which is already the case anyway). 

@Devs, please add this feature so releasing poke caught for seasonals does not become a major chore 😭

Rather than an entire section's ("page" just wasn't able to digest calling it a page) pokemon being released, there can simply be a release option, then you select all the pokemon you want to release like in trades (but this time without any limit) and just release all of them. If needed there could be an option like "Select all pokemon listed in this section", also once you select all the pokemon and decide to release them there should be a disclaimer listing all the pokemon you're about to release with the option to release it or go back.

Personal opinion : Rather than releasing all the pokemon just make an alternate account and keep them there. I mean how can you release a pokemon after  this text >_< (I only released 1 poke ever just to see what happens rest are all in alts) :

"Here at Pokémon Vortex, we care about each and every Pokémon - Even the ones you don't want any more.
That's why, we promise to adopt every single released Pokémon to give them a home. Regardless of level, type, gender or original trainer, we'll take them all.

1,341,803 Pokémon Adopted!

That's right, we've adopted that many Pokémon! So don't worry about releasing some more, we'll track them down, catch them with a big net and put them in cages with the rest.
SO, in short, don't feel bad about abandoning releasing your Pokémon - We've got your back."

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Lethal_Entity said:

Rather than an entire section's ("page" just wasn't able to digest calling it a page) pokemon being released, there can simply be a release option, then you select all the pokemon you want to release like in trades (but this time without any limit) and just release all of them. If needed there could be an option like "Select all pokemon listed in this section", also once you select all the pokemon and decide to release them there should be a disclaimer listing all the pokemon you're about to release with the option to release it or go back.

Personal opinion : Rather than releasing all the pokemon just make an alternate account and keep them there. I mean how can you release a pokemon after  this text >_< (I only released 1 poke ever just to see what happens rest are all in alts) :

"Here at Pokémon Vortex, we care about each and every Pokémon - Even the ones you don't want any more.
That's why, we promise to adopt every single released Pokémon to give them a home. Regardless of level, type, gender or original trainer, we'll take them all.

1,341,803 Pokémon Adopted!

That's right, we've adopted that many Pokémon! So don't worry about releasing some more, we'll track them down, catch them with a big net and put them in cages with the rest.
SO, in short, don't feel bad about abandoning releasing your Pokémon - We've got your back."

HAHAHA~

Yes, I really like your suggestion that there should be a page listing all the Pokemon you are about to release. That's a great addition to the mass release feature. 

As to making an alternate account and keeping the pokemon there. I have 6k+ pokemon, selected them one by one to be transferred to a different account actually takes way more time than just releasing them. And I know, it is so sad to release the poke I caught. But if you think about it, they're released back to nature where they lived before they were caught, playing with their friends every day. So I hope that makes you less sad about releasing your poke :) 

• Thanks 1

My workaround is to list Pokemon for trade instead. There's a button to list something for trade the moment you catch it, and thanks to that I can farm seasonals without ending up with 10,000 duplicate Pokemon I don't want. It's also really fast to go through your Pokemon and mass-list things for trade by just ctrl+clicking the list for trade button. The downside is I have ~6000 Pokemon on my trades instead

21 hours ago, billabob said:

My workaround is to list Pokemon for trade instead. There's a button to list something for trade the moment you catch it, and thanks to that I can farm seasonals without ending up with 10,000 duplicate Pokemon I don't want. It's also really fast to go through your Pokemon and mass-list things for trade by just ctrl+clicking the list for trade button. The downside is I have ~6000 Pokemon on my trades instead

Exactly. By using this method, you are essentially giving up the option for somebody to look at your trade and find something cool that they'd like to trade with you. And the trade list will only grow. Imagine one day when you need to remove a few specific poke from your trades because of an event, etc. That'd be really really time-consuming. 

On 3/3/2022 at 6:53 AM, billabob said:

True I do the same but now when I'm doing deals other people (and me) have a seriously tough time finding a poke in my trades, its a mess 😕 but then again I try and put as many into alts but it gets really annoying since we can only list 20 poke for trade at a time. So I do like khyeborg's idea, would make things way easier and faster.

Edited by Lethal_Entity
  • Upvote 1