Pokémon Vortex
Lethal_Entity

Absurd lag in maps

Question

Yesterday when I went to explore the maps, I faced a ton of lag which had never happened before I thought it was a temporary thing and would get fixed soon. Sadly today when I opened the maps the lag is still present. Movements register 3-4 seconds after I press the keys and other players are literally teleporting.......yeah. Everything else works perfectly other than the maps, nothing has changed. I tried closing all the other tabs I had open, even closed all the other applications running on my laptop but the lag still continues.
Need a fix please.

Edit : I already tried playing in low graphics which did not make much of a difference, the lag is reduced but its still high enough to be unplayable.

Edited by Lethal_Entity

6 answers to this question

• Developer

Are you talking about network lag or framerate (graphical/input) lag?

Is it possible that you disabled hardware acceleration in your browser? You may want to test playing in a different browser to see if the problem exists there too.  If you're using Chrome, I suggest trying FireFox (or vice versa).

Let me know if this helps.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Lethal_Entity said:

Yesterday when I went to explore the maps, I faced a ton of lag which had never happened before I thought it was a temporary thing and would get fixed soon. Sadly today when I opened the maps the lag is still present. Movements register 3-4 seconds after I press the keys and other players are literally teleporting.......yeah. Everything else works perfectly other than the maps, nothing has changed. I tried closing all the other tabs I had open, even closed all the other applications running on my laptop but the lag still continues.
Need a fix please.

Edit : I already tried playing in low graphics which did not make much of a difference, the lag is reduced but its still high enough to be unplayable.

If I were to take a guess, you probably have a bad internet connection. The same thing has happened to me multiple times. This was when I had a bad internet connection. 

It might have been some other reason, but this is what I find most likely. 

17 minutes ago, Dinofest said:

If I were to take a guess, you probably have a bad internet connection. The same thing has happened to me multiple times. This was when I had a bad internet connection. 

It might have been some other reason, but this is what I find most likely. 

Internet connection bad for a full day? Also I mentioned everything else works perfectly, and I still watch 1080p movies when I train exp so internet is certainly not a problem.

35 minutes ago, Lethal_Entity said:

Internet connection bad for a full day? Also I mentioned everything else works perfectly, and I still watch 1080p movies when I train exp so internet is certainly not a problem.

If your internet is good, then I dunno what the problem might be. 

It seems that you’re the only one with this problem, nobody else is facing severe lag. I dunno dude, you can just wait for Patrick 

50 minutes ago, Dinofest said:

If your internet is good, then I dunno what the problem might be. 

It seems that you’re the only one with this problem, nobody else is facing severe lag. I dunno dude, you can just wait for Patrick 

There were past threads of this occurrence and I searched through all of them for a solution, but I haven't been able to fix the problem yet with the solutions listed in those topics.

52 minutes ago, flamescape said:

Are you talking about network lag or framerate (graphical/input) lag?

Is it possible that you disabled hardware acceleration in your browser? You may want to test playing in a different browser to see if the problem exists there too.  If you're using Chrome, I suggest trying FireFox (or vice versa).

Let me know if this helps.

I believe its the framerate, I have hardware acceleration enabled in Opera and Chrome. The problem seems to be only with Opera and Firefox, on chrome the map ran as usual although I have never used chrome for anything till date. I would like to know if the issue can be fixed on Firefox or Opera but if not, no problem since its working in chrome.

Thanks for the solution 😁.

Edit : Its gone back to normal in Opera and Firefox as well.......not sure why.

Edited by Lethal_Entity