Pokémon Vortex
AgentBadBoy

Legendary Pokémon - Gyms

Question

so I’m doing gym battles, and it says it unlocks legendary Pokémon after defeating all gym leaders, what kind of Pokémon can be unlocked? Pls answer…

“Defeating all gym leaders of a region will unlock legendary Pokémon from that region on the maps.”

ABB

AgentBadBoy

3 answers to this question

Defeating gyms unlocks the legendary map pokemon from that region, here's the list of regions and the released legendary map pokemon belonging to each :

• Kanto - Articuno , Zapdos , Moltres , Mewtwo
  • Johto - Raikou , Entei , Suicune , Lugia , Ho-oh
  • Hoenn - Regirock , Regice , Registeel , Latias , Latios , Kyogre , Groudon , Rayquaza 
  • Sinnoh - Uxie , Mesprit , Azelf , Dialga , Palkia , Heatran , Regigigas , Giratina , Cresselia , Arceus (in PV).
  • Unova - Cobalion , Terrakion , Virizion , Tornadus , Thundurus , Reshiram , Zekrom , Landorus , Kyurem.
  • Kalos - Xerneas , Yveltal , Zygarde (map legendary form, you dont need gym badges to unlock zygarde cell.....I think).
  • Alola - Type-Null --> Silvally , Tapu Koko , Tapu Bulu , Tapu Lele , Tapu Fini , Necrozma.
  • Galar - Zacian , Zamazenta , Eternatus , Kubfu.

To be able to catch event pokemon which can be caught during an event........I believe you need to complete all the gyms.

As you know, there are different legendary Pokemon from each game i.e regions. There are also gyms of that region. If you want to catch a legendary Pokemon from a particular region, you have to finish the region’s gyms. This will unlock the ability to encounter the same. 

Hunting events like like the Arceus fire, also require every gym to be beaten. 

Hope it helps