Pokémon Vortex
Sadist

Cross-trading?

Question

Hello Pokemon Vortex fam!
I couldn't seem to find any rules on cross-trading ( trading from one site to another, for example, trading items from Pokefarm to Vortex ) and I was wondering what the policy was for it/if its allowed or not allowed? Thank you in advance for the response! 🥰

13 answers to this question

It is not advised to do so. For the following reasons. 
1) You may get scammed. What if you offer something from vortex and that person never offers you on another site. 
2) Staff cannot look into it as there are two different sites involved. 
3) The rates and values will be entirely different. Suppose something here might be hard to get. But, there it could be very common. 

4) It may involve in exchange of personal information. Which is why its never advised to do trades like this. 

5) It may lead to confusions as there are two sites involved. 

• T-rubbish 1

6 hours ago, Sadist said:

I'm sorry, I should have clarified! Cross-trading means trading goods from one website to another. So, for example, lets say theres Pokemon Vortex and another game thats similar to it. Both users would need to have an account on both sites in order to do the transaction, so one user sends the currency to the other on one site, and vice versa on the other, effectively "trading" one currency for the other. To be honest, it sounds pretty risky to me. 

The main reason why I'm asking is because I see someone trying to do so on another site and I'm not sure if its something I should report 

Dont see anything wrong with that, just dont post about it on forums or trade channel, just do it in private messages

Edited by Sneezeball
  • Thanks 2

I'm sorry, I should have clarified! Cross-trading means trading goods from one website to another. So, for example, lets say theres Pokemon Vortex and another game thats similar to it. Both users would need to have an account on both sites in order to do the transaction, so one user sends the currency to the other on one site, and vice versa on the other, effectively "trading" one currency for the other. To be honest, it sounds pretty risky to me. 

The main reason why I'm asking is because I see someone trying to do so on another site and I'm not sure if its something I should report or not.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Sadist said:

The main reason why I'm asking is because I see someone trying to do so on another site and I'm not sure if its something I should report or not.

To my knowledge it is not possible at all.
Is Vortex one of the websites involved in this attempt?

• T-rubbish 1