Pokémon Vortex
Rickyism

Seasonal top trainers

Question

9 answers to this question

Anyhow let's make an attempt to properly answer this question. 

1) it is not unreasonable that a player can spend 10+ hours grinding away in the game. I've seen people go for much longer in my time in vortex, (7+ years experience). 

2)The maximum amount of battles one can achieve statistically in 1 hour is 360 battles, this takes the 10 second battle timer into account. Meaning in 10 hours the peak performance is capped at roughly 3,600 battles. Considering 600-700 is much smaller than that it can be achieved in a much smaller time.

Now I know seeing numbers like this is going to be practically impossible as only a machine can maintain such consistency over a 10 hour period of time. However even if we adjust to a mere 1 battle every 14 seconds the goal is still very much achieved in a reasonable time, with room to spare for catching to be involved. As well as a few short breaks in between. 

There have been many methods born through trial and error in this game to improve performance when it comes to the battling aspect of pokemon vortex. With a combination of this and experience there are many who can achieve what you deem to be impossible. Who knows with enough knowledge and dedication put into the game maybe you can achieve the "impossible" as well.

Edited by Quintonboy1
Spelling
  • Love-dis 1

• Developer
2 minutes ago, Rickyism said:

700 wins in 10 hours = 70 wins per hour and that is if you play non stop. 

That hasn't added anything to your point.

Explain why you think it's impossible and try not to be subjective (E.g. I can't/won't do this, therefore others can't/don't)

• Developer
16 minutes ago, Rickyism said:

You honestly think it's humanly possible to sit there for 10 hours straight clicking your mouse non stop? If you do I don't know what to tell ya. 

Of course it's possible.
Would I personally do it? Very unlikely. Does that mean it can't be done? No.

Your own personal judgement of what people can or should do is clouding the situation causing baseless accusations with assumed math.

Like, what makes you think they sat there for 10 hours doing 70 battles per hour? Why not 5 hours doing 140 battles per hour? That works out one battle every 30 seconds which we've seen much faster happen. Not to mention the season had already run for 11 hours when you posted this, not 10.

But really, the most important part is, why do you care? We have anti-cheat measures in place and if someone is cheating, they will be banned. You don't need to worry yourself about what other players are doing.

30 minutes ago, Quintonboy1 said:

Anyhow let's make an attempt to properly answer this question. 

1) it is not unreasonable that a player can spend 10+ hours grinding away in the game. I've seen people go for much longer in my time in vortex, (7+ years experience). 

2)The maximum amount of battles one can achieve statistically in 1 hour is 360 battles, this takes the 10 second battle timer into account. Meaning in 10 hours the peak performance is capped at roughly 3,600 battles. Considering 600-700 is much smaller than that it can be achieved in a much smaller time.

Now I know seeing numbers like this is going to be practically impossible as only a machine can maintain such consistency over a 10 hour period of time. However even if we adjust to a mere 1 battle every 14 seconds the goal is still very much achieved in a reasonable time, with room to spare for catching to be involved. As well as a few short breaks in between. 

There have been many methods born through trial and error in this game to improve performance when it comes to the battling aspect of pokemon vortex. With a combination of this and experience there are many who can achieve what you deem to be impossible. Who knows with enough knowledge and dedication put into the game maybe you can achieve the "impossible" as well.

Fair enough, thanks for your comment!