Pokémon Vortex
fortnite_balls2022

New Shiny Charm Idea

I recently got an idea that just Popped in my head, Its a shiny charm for like every region to boost the shiny odds for normal shinies, rare shinies and legendary shinies

So heres how it May work, so you gotta beat a full gyms for that region (My ex for now is Kanto) and finish the NORMAL only pokedex, and you get a shiny charm randomly placed in your account that boosts shiny odds by like 25% and finding a legendary odds to 25%~ and rares 25%~ so it is easier to find a mewtwo with it than normal.

I forgot the normal odds for finding shinies but I think without a shiny charm chance is 1/4096?

well thats my little idea

Make a mega shuckle and ledian for April fools ;)

Shinies aren't anywhere near as rare as in the original games, you can find them all the time if you go hunting. You get them roughly every 200 normal encounters (just assuming 1/25 encounters are variants, true rates aren't public and I might be off, it's just from counting in my head lol) and variants of rare/legendary/UB pokemon are boosted a lot. You can see here: https://www.pokemon-vortex.com/pokedex/Guzzlord - 2322 normal Guzzlord vs. 612+556+558+559+545 = 2830 variant Guzzlord. It's clearly 50/50 to get a variant UB, then all the variants are equally likely. For rares and normals, 75% of the variants will be split between dark/mystic/metallic and the remaining 25% are shiny/shadow.

So yeah I don't think they need to become even more common lol. Also you would need dark/mystic/metallic/shadow charms too

6 hours ago, billabob said:

Shinies aren't anywhere near as rare as in the original games, you can find them all the time if you go hunting. You get them roughly every 200 normal encounters (just assuming 1/25 encounters are variants, true rates aren't public and I might be off, it's just from counting in my head lol) and variants of rare/legendary/UB pokemon are boosted a lot. You can see here: https://www.pokemon-vortex.com/pokedex/Guzzlord - 2322 normal Guzzlord vs. 612+556+558+559+545 = 2830 variant Guzzlord. It's clearly 50/50 to get a variant UB, then all the variants are equally likely. For rares and normals, 75% of the variants will be split between dark/mystic/metallic and the remaining 25% are shiny/shadow.

So yeah I don't think they need to become even more common lol. Also you would need dark/mystic/metallic/shadow charms too

i agree with this but the odds are a little high in my opinion, in my own experience's it took a littles over 1 day, and half an entire set of shuckles. But that probably is just a me thing.

3 hours ago, Void-Star said:

i agree with this but the odds are a little high in my opinion, in my own experience's it took a littles over 1 day, and half an entire set of shuckles. But that probably is just a me thing.

Since the game is centered around completing a living dex with 6 different variants, once you get to higher dex completion it gets progressively harder to find stuff you need.

• Love-dis 1