Pokémon Vortex

Please Improve the Sidequests...

The whole sidequest system just isn't fun. It's too long and grindy, and the rewards aren't even guaranteed. Please, I'm just not having fun with it but I also don't like when a good part of the game is locked behind such a bad feature.

Like why can't I fight an ultra-challenging Level 150 Kyogre or something for a Blue Orb, or explore an exotic Distortion World place for a Griseous Orb?

2 hours ago, Marioipod13 said:

Like why can't I fight an ultra-challenging Level 150 Kyogre or something for a Blue Orb, or explore an exotic Distortion World place for a Griseous Orb?

The first one would be trivial and the second would require a ton of extra coding and art assets etc. Also will it be only 1 reward per player? Or 6 per player for all the variants? People would make new accounts to farm them and make the items worthless. More quests would be entertaining and rewarding but the economy aspect of the game kind of holds them back lol

Personally I like the sidequests, the grind is very relaxing to me and team building + picking counters is loads of fun. My complaint is actually that *not enough* items are locked behind them. Alcremie sweets used to be a decent reconciliation prize for beating Galar - you could easily sell them for 4M each. But ever since they got added to Mystery boxes the prices tanked and now you can't even sell them for 25k. Most of the sidequest rewards are cheap evo items that get spawned by the hundreds by MB buyers, if you don't get the 3% chance for a fossil or the new items like Adamant Crystal you're out of luck. It feels like you're grinding it for the 1M PDs prize per region and to buy a lottery ticket for the real rewards 1000 battles in

I agree the sidequest system could do with an overhaul but most of the criticism of it on this forum is from people who do 47 battles and write it off as boring without contributing anything else to the discussion

Edited by billabob
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

This is a very interesting debate. The wall behind items like Red Orb and other Primal Reversion-esque items certainly helps maintain the rarity of the Pokemon, but having to reset sidequests to the start of Kanto can be annoying and grind-based.

Maybe after beating all the sidequests, an option can be toggled where we can select the region we want to battle in so it doesn't take so long to grind for the required items? Mystic Wynaut

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, billabob said:

The first one would be trivial and the second would require a ton of extra coding and art assets etc. Also will it be only 1 reward per player? Or 6 per player for all the variants? People would make new accounts to farm them and make the items worthless. More quests would be entertaining and rewarding but the economy aspect of the game kind of holds them back lol

Personally I like the sidequests, the grind is very relaxing to me and team building + picking counters is loads of fun. My complaint is actually that *not enough* items are locked behind them. Alcremie sweets used to be a decent reconciliation prize for beating Galar - you could easily sell them for 4M each. But ever since they got added to Mystery boxes the prices tanked and now you can't even sell them for 25k. Most of the sidequest rewards are cheap evo items that get spawned by the hundreds by MB buyers, if you don't get the 3% chance for a fossil or the new items like Adamant Crystal you're out of luck. It feels like you're grinding it for the 1M PDs prize per region and to buy a lottery ticket for the real rewards 1000 battles in

I agree the sidequest system could do with an overhaul but most of the criticism of it on this forum is from people who do 47 battles and write it off as boring without contributing anything else to the discussion

I am genuinely tired of all of my ideas being downvoted into invalidity. It's a big part of why I didn't sign up for Reddit.

Anyway, I enjoy playing the game but also enjoy doing other things. I want to be able to collect the things I want without ridiculous amounts of grinding for comparatively small rewards. I don't like how my entire gaming experience since the Switch generation has been completely consumed by pointless grinding for no reward.

I would definitely agree that the prizes you get from completing each region needs to be revamped | since it takes quite a long time for a region to be completed only to end up with common items and 1mil PD.

I would like to see something new added or changed to keep it interesting to grind and grind the whole day.

in my opinion i like side quests as it pretty chill whilst doing it, and the rewards are really good, and when doing side quests you can rack up a ton of money whilst doing it, and one of the rewards i got for finishing one of the regions, i got 1M pds, and even if you get the most common reward it is still worth thousands of pds, but i do agree with one thing, the side quests need a bit of a over haul. but all in all the side quests are one of most loved parts of the game, due to the rewards, and how chill it is.

5 hours ago, Marioipod13 said:

I am genuinely tired of all of my ideas being downvoted into invalidity.

Stop being such drama queen. Getting responce to your idea and making discussion about that idea is way to improve idea. Or are you saying that you are 100% correct and your idea is perfect and noone in whole world will be able to improve it? And getting couple T-rubbish responces is downvoting?

14 hours ago, Marioipod13 said:

The whole sidequest system just isn't fun.

It is your subjective opinion! I like sidequests the way they are, I am doing sidequest battles while relaxing and watching movie. That is my opinion, subjective.

It's too long and grindy, and the rewards aren't even guaranteed.

100 - 300 battles to get reward is not long. 1 - 2 hours for 1 - 1.5 mil pds and 100% reward. So your statement about "rewards aren't even guaranteed" is wrong by it self.

FYI, by finishing all 2121 battles in sidequests you earn 16 - 18 mil pds, and items that you can sell in pokebay, so on average you can earn close to 20mil. From expierence, you can easly finish all battles in weeks time. so ~20 mil pds in weeks time with chance to get rare drops (fossils/orbs/etc.) is not bad.

Winning battle against team of Level 150 Kyogre needs only 1 pokemon.... So getting Blue Orb without any "work" is fun for you? You know, there is even easier way to get Blue orb, you do not need to do even one battle. Spend real money. Do not want to spend real money, then play game, do work ingame and get item that way.

In general. I think there maybe improvements in sidequests system. More variation in rewards, or removing megastones that are not worth much by it self.
Add some random battles to make it more chalenging.

But just making sidequests easier for "lazy" players is not best way to improve it. PV is interesting because you can't get to top ranking in week/month. You need to put work ingame to be better. If you want easy game that will give you everything you want just because you played it, there are other games like that.

Edited by ImmortalDarkCrow
  • Love-dis 2

I just don't understand how people want to grind for these things. It's completely ridiculous and pointless.

If you don't enjoy it then don't do it lol. Most of this game comes down to grinding if you're cynical about it. Sidequests are way more interesting and rewarding than clan battles and season tower battles but nobody seems to complain about those... At least you're guaranteed valuable rewards, unlike the battles I mentioned and especially unlike hunting wild Pokemon, where you can go days without finding a single UB, which would then sell for less than a single sidequest region reward.

If you think it's pointless then OK cool. This entire game is pointless. None of it will exist in 30 years. You only get as much out of the game as you put in, so if you're not out there having fun doing what you enjoy and making memories then you're only wasting your own time. Life's too short to whine on the forums every day about how other people enjoy the game, choose your battles

• Love-dis 1

On 5/25/2023 at 7:36 AM, Marioipod13 said:

I just don't understand how people want to grind for these things. It's completely ridiculous and pointless.

It's is your opinion, I have nothing against it.. 

But I think differently. If it were easy to obtain everything it would not be fun as everyone would have same stuff and I wouldn't have spent years in this game. It's an interesting and rewarding game because you need to devote time and effort to achieve something as everyone are same. For example: you see person with pokemon that has 100mil exp. You know that person has spend lot of time to grind that exp. Same with person who has set of arceus (unknown). He got lot of money and spend it all in lottery. Same with person that has set of necrozma ultras. He grinded and got necro evolution items. 

Of course, you could also spend a lot of money and acquire the same things from mystery boxes.

But many cant spend money and if you want stuff that others get by spending there real money, you need to grind to get it, or value of those items would be so low that no one would even want them.

On 5/25/2023 at 7:36 AM, Marioipod13 said:

I just don't understand how people want to grind for these things. It's completely ridiculous and pointless.

And again you with your BS. If you do not like someones opinion you put "T-rubbish" reaction.

And then you start to whine that others players are Bullying you and insulting you.

Grow up. Everyone has there opinion. AND your opinion IS NOT more valuable then someones else. If you cant listen to other opinion and take into consideration it, then do not tell your opinion on stuff as others will respond to it. Others are not snowflakes like you and will provide constructed responce and not "T-rubbish" and think they made change in the world.

Edited by ImmortalDarkCrow
  • Love-dis 1