Pokémon Vortex
starphoenix

Pokemon obtained from Banned Accounts

Question

After the maintenance, there were a lot of accounts banned for various reasons, especially botting. My question pertains specifically to pokemon whose original trainer was banned for whatever reason but the pokemon had already been traded to a non-banned player.

I would just like to know whether all the pokemon from banned accounts are to be deleted or whether they will remain with their current owners (assuming the pokemon has already been traded when the account was banned). This question bugs me because some accounts were banned for botting exp but the account could have legitimately caught legendaries. In that situation, if the legendary doesn't have any exp on it but the OT was still banned, I'm unclear as to the status of the legendary.

For instance, if I have a legendary whose OT is a banned account, does that mean I can no longer trade the legendary because it is meant to be deleted? How would I know? 

Thanks very much for any answers!

5 answers to this question

1 hour ago, glaceon001 said:

One more case ~ auto catchers. If the pokemon was caught through a third party extension, e.g. an auto catcher, it will be deleted. Well apparently pokemon can be glitched in, and so can fossils (this is of my knowledge) and orbs (blue, red). Anything caught through illegitimate methods will be deleted is what I'm saying.

I see I see. Then I would just like to know whether such pokemon (those caught by 3rd party extension/auto catchers) have already been deleted by Patrick during the maintenance? Or was he simply focused on botters?

1 hour ago, starphoenix said:

I see I see. Then I would just like to know whether such pokemon (those caught by 3rd party extension/auto catchers) have already been deleted by Patrick during the maintenance? Or was he simply focused on botters?

Well, if the botter never traded the pokemon caught with an auto catcher, I'd say mostl likely they still are on those accounts and have not been deleted. The traded ones, though, are most likely to be already deleted. Basically, if the auto caught pokemon were traded, and they were traded before the big ban matinence, they have a 99.999999999999999999999969 chance of being deleted. So not much worry there.

If you got a Legendary or any Pokemon in a trade from a banned user nothing will happen to the Pokemon! It is perfectly fine! The only case where something will happen to a Pokemon that you acquired from a banned user is if the Pokemon has exp that was botted on it! In this case the Pokemon will be reset to 50,000 EXP. Another case is if you got a glitched primal from someone who is now banned. If Patrick determines the Primal to be glitched he will change it to a Vulpix! Hope I answered all your questions! Again this is to my best understanding and you can PM a mod to clear up anything :)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GodsWithin said:

If you got a Legendary or any Pokemon in a trade from a banned user nothing will happen to the Pokemon! It is perfectly fine! The only case where something will happen to a Pokemon that you acquired from a banned user is if the Pokemon has exp that was botted on it! In this case the Pokemon will be reset to 50,000 EXP. Another case is if you got a glitched primal from someone who is now banned. If Patrick determines the Primal to be glitched he will change it to a Vulpix! Hope I answered all your questions! Again this is to my best understanding and you can PM a mod to clear up anything :)

One more case ~ auto catchers. If the pokemon was caught through a third party extension, e.g. an auto catcher, it will be deleted. Well apparently pokemon can be glitched in, and so can fossils (this is of my knowledge) and orbs (blue, red). Anything caught through illegitimate methods will be deleted is what I'm saying.

• Upvote 1