Pokémon Vortex
Serapheon23

Thread creation requirements:p

well i think that a thread should be approved by a mod etc and then be posted cause we have a lot of threads with 1 or 2 replies from the same user and i suggest that the threads that r not of any use and r closed upon request , there is no need for them so they should be deleted with the post count and reputation still being there , just a suggestion :)

• Upvote 1

@Serapheon23

I'm not really sure that your idea of 'mostly noobs that ignore their trading threads' is a valid argument. There are a lot of people that simply don't have time to regularly update their trading threads. Also, as far as making it more convenient for the 'regular users', the regular users have really come to expect noob trading threads, and are smart enough to avoid them. When you say you won't let people with 'fewer content count' make their own threads, the noobs will naturally spam other threads just to get their count up, so they can make their own threads. In theory, this is a really good idea, but the fact is that it will simply cause more spam in other threads.

~Pheonix_Lancing

14 hours ago, Serapheon23 said:

@Patrick don't let people with fewer content count make a thread of their own.....most of them just create one and ignore it.

This change will make the forums better and will avoid newbies from creating a thread and save the regular users time....:p

I'm sorry but, I don't like what your saying.

5 hours ago, Serapheon23 said:

That's because you are a newbie -_-

Actually, I'm not I have another account where, I have 41 total reputations/it is @MichaelAnthonyWoodsonJr. but, I forgot my password/don't be assuming what I am when, you don't even know me and it is not because I am a "newbie". I just think it is not right what u are saying about newbies/everyone is saying the same thing, get it now? Maybe u should delete this, eh?

Edited by Name:Harambe

8 hours ago, MichaelAnthonyWoodsonJr. said:

Nah, I'm back and I still don't agree with what u are saying. It's not right. It shouldn't be all newbies.

Well most people don't make a new account if they forget their forums password. Serapheon's point is that people sometimes make new accounts and create "trade" threads asking for a trade for their level 15 magikarp (a great pokemon btw). This often wastes more "seasoned" users' time because "ain't nobody got time fo' dat." It should either apply to all newbies, or no newbies at all, because nobody will know if an experienced user created a new account. (except Patreeks) If your profile status says you are a newbie, it is assumed that you are a newbie. After all, the newbie tag is meant to prevent assumptions about a user's experience, so you shouldn't expect people to know you aren't a newbie when using the Harambe account. my rant is ovar :/

Edited by eurstin

On 10/09/2016 at 8:14 PM, Serapheon23 said:

@Patrick don't let people with fewer content count make a thread of their own.....most of them just create one and ignore it.

This change will make the forums better and will avoid newbies from creating a thread and save the regular users time....:p

Well, Ik its annoying. But that'll be like "Newbies On Forums, Not Important". And that'll totally disappoint and depress the newbies. Vortex still needs more players. 

Also there can be a chance of scamming (what can you say?) . Newbies will try to scam Advanced Members' forum accounts.

Though there must be a rule that if the owner of the thread doesn't respond for like 1 to 1 1/2 Month(s), the thread should be closed. Tho, if the owner comes back he can request to re-open the thread. :)

18 hours ago, eurstin said:

Well most people don't make a new account if they forget their forums password. Serapheon's point is that people sometimes make new accounts and create "trade" threads asking for a trade for their level 15 magikarp (a great pokemon btw). This often wastes more "seasoned" users' time because "ain't nobody got time fo' dat." It should either apply to all newbies, or no newbies at all, because nobody will know if an experienced user created a new account. (except Patreeks) If your profile status says you are a newbie, it is assumed that you are a newbie. After all, the newbie tag is meant to prevent assumptions about a user's experience, so you shouldn't expect people to know you aren't a newbie when using the Harambe account. my rant is ovar :/

I forgot my password. That's why I was using the account/thanks for clearing it up.