Pokémon Vortex
R3LOADED1

Pokemon Vortex Giveaways

New Idea for Pokemon Vortex Giveaways

With the recent giveaway hosted by @Patrick, it's become increasingly obvious that Pokemon Vortex has a LOT more players in game than active users on the forums. Due to this, I would suggest that the admins set in place a requirement for a minimum on the number of posts that a forums user must have in order to participate in a giveaway. Note, this is a suggestion for future giveaways, and it would not be fair to kick people out of the current Christmas Giveaway. Also, this is not a discouraging message by any means. The benefits of this rule would be that active members continue to stay active, and new forums users join. Thank you for reading, and happy holidays!

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, R3LOADED1 said:

New Idea for Pokemon Vortex Giveaways

With the recent giveaway hosted by @Patrick, it's become increasingly obvious that Pokemon Vortex has a LOT more players in game than active users on the forums. Due to this, I would suggest that the admins set in place a requirement for a minimum on the number of posts that a forums user must have in order to participate in a giveaway. Note, this is a suggestion for future giveaways, and it would not be fair to kick people out of the current Christmas Giveaway. Also, this is not a discouraging message by any means. The benefits of this rule would be that active members continue to stay active, and new forums users join. Thank you for reading, and happy holidays!

I disagree........then the forum would be filled by useless posts by people who want to increase their count.

it would force players who want to play game for fun to make useless posts just to participate in event! I like the game and the way how it plays but i am not big fan of posting in forum so usually don't do it! and i am not only one 

Edited by Eienryuu
grammar mistake

5 hours ago, porymon said:

I disagree........then the forum would be filled by useless posts by people who want to increase their count.

6 hours ago, Pisyowboy1 said:

Not good Idea. No favor for that.

I recognize that, but there has to be SOME kind of filtration system because for the 20 some active forums user to be completely screwed out of a giveaway because 5,000,000 plus people joined a giveaway is just ridiculous. 

• Upvote 1

Everyone on vortex has the right to enter a giveaway, I understand that it is frustrating for active users, that tons of people are making forum accounts, just to enter the giveaway. With that being said having a # of posts requirement is not going to benefit the general public. There are many people who don't use the forums and they still deserve to participate in giveaways, and having to get a certain number of posts is going to induce spamming. I understand where you are coming from but I'm sure there is a more friendly beneficial way to solve the problem.

The downside of my suggestion IS a valid argument; I recognize that. However, active forums users should not be screwed out of a giveaway because a million new people see that there's a giveaway held on the forums via the dashboard in game. The reality and fact of the matter is that the forums have become a solid core of 40-some people, who more than deserve to win, or at least deserve a higher chance at winning, at winning a Pokemon like Caterpie (Christmas)against a player who has never contributed to the development of the forums. 

• Developer

I would never do this. Not because it's a bad idea but because it's a bad idea.

Joking aside, you need to understand that a lot of people don't venture to the other parts of Vortex outside of the game unless they're instructed to (Forums, chat, wiki, Facebook and so on)

This isn't because they're not interested in helping the community grow in a lot of cases, some people just don't know they exist. Who's to say some of the people who just found out Vortex has forums because of the giveaway won't stick around now they know? Possibly become an asset to the community in helping with guides, good trade topics and so on.

Just because someone wasn't informed well enough of something, they shouldn't be penalised from winning things for the entirety of Vortex.

That said, the daily active forum users shouldn't have a higher chance of winning just because they're here more often. The forums are for everyone and so are the giveaways.

I could just as easily post the giveaway on Facebook and get three or four times the amount of entries. It shouldn't be seen as "Oh now I'll never win" You should see it as a gathering of people who all play and enjoy the same game, that's what makes a community worth being a part of.

Welcome them, help them, make them feel a part of what you claim is a 40 man operation so it's no longer just 40. Not winning a Caterpie shouldn't be the focus of what's going on at all.

• Upvote 4

@Patrick Like I've said before the downside is there. I don't have database information, so can you say, right now, that there are large, sustained increases in the forums activities after huge giveaways like these? If there is a significant, sustained jump in the Forum's activities, then  giveaways like these should be held more often xD