Pokémon Vortex
Uncle_Psychic

Revamping Shadow Sprites

I have taken Pat's permission,and some of the old shadow sprites will be redone by me due to one of the following reasons:

1.bad coloring

2.inconsistent with the proper color scheme

accordingly,a list has been prepared as follows:

the current list is as follows:

9aeb51b086d2407e84089a8f72672def.png

if you have any to add to the list which you think might need a rework,please provide your suggestion

please note that only those pokemon which match the criteria will be selected,so do not post pokemon which should be redone according to you

use the following format while giving your entry:

pokemon:(link the sprite)

fault in sprite:

for those of you who dont know,the shadow pokemon must have a full dark blue body with certain parts colored grey(if necessary) and only the eyes should be red.This does not apply to some specific cases like arceus forms,flabebe forms etc

looking forward to your help :)

example 1:

old shadow reshiram : Shadow Reshiram(coloring not dark enough)

new shadow reshiram:xQp9tCh.png

example 2:

old shadow alakazam :Shadow Alakazam(wrong spoons color)

new shadow alakazam: 2lR7WX4.png

pokemon added to list:

Spoiler

Shadow Rayquaza

Shadow Absol

Shadow Lombre

Shadow Oshawott

Shadow Piplup

Shadow Togepi

Shadow Gallade (Mega)

Shadow Azelf

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 7

@Uncle_Psychic please see the shadow sprites of the following : all r arceus forms sprites ( i have highlighted this point before in the past but i was replied that these r supposed to look this way ) though i think colouring of the encircled parts will make them look much better and especially with the arceus (electric) and arceus (base form) looks nearly alike in colour scheme, colouring would make it easier to differentiate between them, just a point , the rest depends on what u mods and Pat think :) 

6586472937ad4fbeafa7879504cf9a25.png

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, seth1129400 said:

@Uncle_Psychic please see the shadow sprites of the following : all r arceus forms sprites ( i have highlighted this point before in the past but i was replied that these r supposed to look this way ) though i think colouring of the encircled parts will make them look much better and especially with the arceus (electric) and arceus (base form) looks nearly alike in colour scheme, colouring would make it easier to differentiate between them, just a point , the rest depends on what u mods and Pat think :) 

6586472937ad4fbeafa7879504cf9a25.png

nah that's alright,like I said earlier the pokemon having formes are usually colored that way

Shadow Flabebe (Red)Shadow Flabebe (Blue)for example

Shadow Alakazam I really like Shadow Alakazam with the red spoons. I do not know if they should edit. (PS: Just my opinion)

xQp9tCh.png I found this Shadow Reshiram coloring to be the best of all the Shadow Pokemon I've ever seen in the vortex. They should leave this type of coloration in all the pokémon, would leave the pokémon more darkness. PS: For the love you have for God, do it on  Shadow LugiaShadow Mewtwo,andShadow Darkrai.

Shadow Arceus (Electric)Shadow ArceusA more golden coloration for Arceus Electric would also help in differentiating between normal Arceus and Arceus Electric form.

In addition, it has a similarity in:Metallic Arceus (Electric)Metallic Arceus(Very large) /Metallic Arceus (Ground)Metallic Arceus (Rock)/Metallic Arceus (Steel)(It resembles the Arceus normal color pattern, but lighter)Metallic Arceus (Flying)(It looks like steel)/Metallic Arceus (Unknown)Metallic Arceus (Bug)(Both should have less dark color than the current one)

Shadow%20Thundurus.gifShadow%20Tornadus.gifShadow LandorusThe spaces of the arms and belly of Shadow Landorus and Tornadus should be equal to that of Shadow Thundurus in my opinion.

Edited by marllonflaxDxD
  • Upvote 2

On 1/14/2017 at 4:04 PM, marllonflaxDxD said:

Shadow Alakazam I really like Shadow Alakazam with the red spoons. I do not know if they should edit. (PS: Just my opinion)

xQp9tCh.png I found this Shadow Reshiram coloring to be the best of all the Shadow Pokemon I've ever seen in the vortex. They should leave this type of coloration in all the pokémon, would leave the pokémon more darkness. PS: For the love you have for God, do it on  Shadow LugiaShadow Mewtwo,andShadow Darkrai.

Shadow Arceus (Electric)Shadow ArceusA more golden coloration for Arceus Electric would also help in differentiating between normal Arceus and Arceus Electric form.

In addition, it has a similarity in:Metallic Arceus (Electric)Metallic Arceus(Very large) /Metallic Arceus (Ground)Metallic Arceus (Rock)/Metallic Arceus (Steel)(It resembles the Arceus normal color pattern, but lighter)Metallic Arceus (Flying)(It looks like steel)/Metallic Arceus (Unknown)Metallic Arceus (Bug)(Both should have less dark color than the current one)

Shadow%20Thundurus.gifShadow%20Tornadus.gifShadow LandorusThe spaces of the arms and belly of Shadow Landorus and Tornadus should be equal to that of Shadow Thundurus in my opinion.

sorry,you'll have to convince pat for that =p

I've done every single shiny and shadow sprite of gen 7 mons myself though,so they will look pretty much that way,Shadow Decidueyefor example

On 1/14/2017 at 6:26 PM, manavsharma9231 said:

Shadow%20Litwick.gifEach of it's other variants have a Eye border darker than the Eye Color (Even if it have, that should be made a bit darker).

Im only looking for major changes,like I mentioned in the main post

On 1/14/2017 at 2:51 PM, waybig said:

Shadow Deinoneeds it 4 legs dont u think @Uncle_Psychic

The normal deino sprite looks like that lol

14 hours ago, WhiteWash said:

Shadow Arceus looks like Shadow Arceus (Electric) i suggest that you make the normal arceus yellow back thing i little darker

I'll reply with a reply:

On 1/18/2017 at 9:18 AM, Uncle_Psychic said:

sorry,you'll have to convince pat for that =p

Shadow AzelfMay need a rework...

Edited by eurstin
  • Upvote 1