Pokémon Vortex
VITOL

Glitched when wondertrading

1/30 times when i wondertrade my poke it appears glitched when I'm passing the poke to the other. Before wondertrading it, it looks OK, in the wondertrading waiting room its OK too, but when its traded looks like u can see and when clicking in the name shows the glitched image.

And it never happened to me when i received it which maybe means my account has a virus :( 

For if it helps due to tracking stuff, this glitched poke has id 13661685

efb4bdc1436a4222b3d430070905e4df.png

Well, in previous times this didn't happen to me evar, and its being so usual now 

in any case i asked one of the affected guys and he answered this:

"No idea man, I passed it soon after in wonder trade"

It seems he received it ok, so im not the only affected

or maybe is just being released as u say :sigh:

I saw several times when I saw that the poke was deleted that the on the profile of the other user he was "Releasing his.. Chikorita" so I dont think is a bug but just a mysterious global behavior (why so much ppl releasing a pokemon that u got in wondertrade? If u r disappointed with the result, just wonder trade it again).

So I put this thread as resolved :/ because i can't put is as a false alarm

• Upvote 1

• Developer

@VITOL I was looking in to this just the other day for wonder trade on v4 and I'm unconvinced it's a user releasing a Pokemon because it would show broken data the other way around rather than how it is in your screenshot.

When you release a Pokemon, it loses the initial data (name, experience, level, attacks) but ball, gender and OT are kept on record and not deleted when released.

SO, if the Pokémon image is broken and says "This Pokémon is a glitch and will be deleted" then yes, it most likely is that the person has released what they received. In the case of the screenshot you provided, it looks more like a failure to retrieve the extra data of OT, ball and gender. In the second case, I have fixed this on v4 although it should be a very rare occurrence on v3 unless you have a slow connection.

As far as it goes to why people are releasing Pokemon straight after a wonder trade rather than just wonder trading it again, I think that comes down to the fact there are a lot of people who don't actually know what wonder trade is or how it works, so, when they click wonder trade on a Pokemon, they didn't realise it would be instant and so they click off it thinking it will cancel, they then go to view all their Pokemon to see if they still have what they wonder traded but instead they see something they don't remember catching so they release it.

• Upvote 1

On 7/16/2017 at 7:56 PM, Patrick said:

@VITOL I was looking in to this just the other day for wonder trade on v4 and I'm unconvinced it's a user releasing a Pokemon because it would show broken data the other way around rather than how it is in your screenshot.

When you release a Pokemon, it loses the initial data (name, experience, level, attacks) but ball, gender and OT are kept on record and not deleted when released.

SO, if the Pokémon image is broken and says "This Pokémon is a glitch and will be deleted" then yes, it most likely is that the person has released what they received. In the case of the screenshot you provided, it looks more like a failure to retrieve the extra data of OT, ball and gender. In the second case, I have fixed this on v4 although it should be a very rare occurrence on v3 unless you have a slow connection.

As far as it goes to why people are releasing Pokemon straight after a wonder trade rather than just wonder trading it again, I think that comes down to the fact there are a lot of people who don't actually know what wonder trade is or how it works, so, when they click wonder trade on a Pokemon, they didn't realise it would be instant and so they click off it thinking it will cancel, they then go to view all their Pokemon to see if they still have what they wonder traded but instead they see something they don't remember catching so they release it.

well I think in this case what u saw is just not refreshed data from the deletion, so although in the wondertrade page u see the image and stuff I think is because it has been not refreshed automatically like it happened with the gender and pokeball, this is the real remaining data when i click in the name:

ddM9B8AAS3CuMfR6uJTLpg.jpg

but yeh i wondertrade as hell and never received a glitched pokemon or saw how the pokemon vanishes in my hands

and my connection is fast and furious :V 

maybe the problem is when releasing the poke, if maybe the data is cached and still not refreshed (maybe too quick processes -switch owner-release poke) when he released it the data says that the poke is still mine and gets weirdo ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ just throwing a stone

i dunno what to do with the status of the thread :/ 

Edited by VITOL

• Developer

Don't worry about it, I think it's a mixture of everything said and in which case, the part that actually is a bug where certain data may not load while the rest does is fixed on v4 wonder trade so this can be closed now.