Pokémon Vortex

Name Rating? (Nicknames)

So, I'll be honest, I wasn't terribly excited about V4. But I was wrong- it is all things good beautiful and worth the wait and.... impeccable. (If you get this, keep reading)

But the best thing.... the thing I have waited for since the history of Pokemon Vortex... No, since it's past life and Spirit Ancestor, Crater... the thing that gives me life...

Nicknames. I am literally on Cloud 9 over this. Uncontrollably excited.

But no one else really seems into them? Am I the only one? Or is there just no way to adequately express our deep, heartfelt joy over this long-awaited feature?

If anyone else is interested, (And if I'm not overstepping any boundaries) I would enjoy starting up a "Name Rating Service", if you will. Basically, a place where you can display your witty works of words whilst checking out the "competition", and maybe even swap some bad pun Pokemon. (Encouraging trading amongst people with the same bad sense of humour.)

Tongue-and-Check humour and witty comebacks, along with some overly-complicated frivolous constructive criticism would be the mainstay. 

13 minutes ago, eurstin said:

I named my Shadow Vulpix (Alolan)"10 beast balls"

pls rate

Whilst the alliteration is a nice touch, this Pokemon may be confused by the name, as it is an item. Naming a Pokemon as an item could have deep psychological side effects, such as making the Pokemon feel objectified. This Pokemon may also become very gender confused by this name... which may cause deep psychological trauma. 10, however, is an impeccable number and wonderful choice as a nominator. Overall I predict this Pokemon will have a hard time in life in general. (Like Me.)

Just now, Auke1993 said:

I have the first Ultra Beast of the game; Xurkitree
Because of that, I called it Christmas Buddy.
Because why not.

The choice of "Christmas" before Thanksgiving is bold, and reflects this Pokemon's bold personality. The choice of "Buddy" is also a great offset to "Christmas" as to foster a sense of kinship and affection in a Pokemon prone to bold, brash, electrically charged actions. All in All, I predict this Pokemon will light up any team and be the spark starting many great things.

But do be aware of your electrical bill.

7 minutes ago, Patrick said:

I have a Dark Cosmoem called Nebula 

RATE ME IT!

436a7977da.png

That Nickname is out of this world....!

(A nebula Pokemon named nebula, how very impeccably Original.)

On 11/17/2017 at 1:52 AM, Patrick said:

Alright, since you want original. What about my Snorlax; Chim?
2ea75f55ae.png

The Nickname "Chim" brings many things to mind, such as "Chime", "Chimney", "Chiminea", "Chimpanzee", "Chimichurri", "Chimmichanga" ect, ect, ect. Such a... Versatile Nickname is fitting of a versatile Pokemon. This name promotes an unique ability to blend into- no, become the cornerstone of- any team. Less is more, and this Pokemon is more than befitting of the wonderfully poetic name of "Chim". "Chim"... a name so beautifully thought out, so well orchestrated, it brings a tear to my eye... an abstract masterpiece.

But if I may be so bold, may I suggest the name... "Mich" in the future.

On 11/17/2017 at 2:43 AM, Santos45 said:

229MHellion
392Firestorm
658Jiraiya
671BAzules (Blue)
479HaJack
208MPlata (Silver)

Meh.

(Please don't hate me, I jest.)

On 11/17/2017 at 1:08 PM, Yetinemo said:

My Metalic006 named Fluffy

rate pls

A fitting name for such a cute, adorable, and cuddly Pokemon. This Pokemon will be pined over by all the lasses, at the slightest bat of it's big ol' eyelashes.

It is possible this Pokemon will adapt a Timid nature- becoming the "baby" of the team that the others fight to protect. However, as in many a family-  if provoked, the "baby" will become a force to reckon with.

I predict this Pokemon will give the best hugs.

Do be aware of the exhaustive amount of fur "Fluffy" will shed. I suggest investing in  a rake brush for the undercoat.

On 11/17/2017 at 3:12 PM, KYNO said:

I nicknamed my TogedemaruGenet , since Genet means "The First" and Togedemaru is the first pokemon that I caught on v4

This Nickname is actually fitting, well thought out, roles off the tongue...

And most all of heartfelt.....

Near Perfect.

-------------

(Gah. It Disgusts me.)

On 11/17/2017 at 3:10 PM, Dark_Wolf said:

My Shadow Hoopa (Unbound) is called Geoff McTickleFart, pls rate

The traditional spelling of "Geoff" connotates an air of sophistication and aristocracy. "Mc" meaning "Son of", in a surname is as old as time, suggesting that this Pokemon has been around the block a few times, and isn't leaving anytime soon.

His great ancestor, TickleFart the Fierce would be made proud.

I predict this Pokemon is destined for nothing less than greatness.

(Lol, I admit I actually am still laughing at this Nickname as I type this.)

Edited by Hex A. Decimal
A an the

On 11/18/2017 at 10:16 PM, Taff said:

Mystic Charizard (Mega X)TammyShadow Pangoronight bareMetallic Lucario (Mega)shadySwampert (Mega)Fishy 

Mystic Lycanroc (Midnight)WerewolfShiny DelphoxFire Queen.  Please rate them

Werewolf, fishy, and fire queen all make sense and are good and swell... but I am sorry to say, I REALLY don't understand the other two.

Tammy? I had a boss named that... She was a fire breathing dragon of a lady, too. Ah, I get it now.

Shady? As in shady business, a shady day, poisonous nightshade berries,  throwing 'shade'...? (Seems fishy.)

And your Pangorro really needs to have some common decency. That is all.