Pokémon Vortex
Patrick

Pokémon experience reset when traded/auctioned

• Developer

So an idea that has been floated since the early days of v3 but never implemented because of mixed opinions is a Pokémon over level 100 having its experience reset to 50,000 when traded or auctioned.

Please also note, if this change does ever happen, all current traded experience will be unaffected.

Today I'm looking for the players opinion on this potential change and I will explain my own pros and cons of the change.

Please do not just reply with "I don't like it" or "Good idea" give constructive feedback - Why do you like or dislike it? Will it affect you? Do you care? and so on.

Pros:

• It removes the risk factor of trading experience and later losing it because it turned out to be trained illegitimately.
  • It creates an experience sink much like the PokéBay auction tax.
  • Any experience owned you know was trained by the current owner.
  • It stops mass trades/combining accounts to storm the leaderboards.

Cons:

• People who don't have time to train themselves are at a disadvantage.
  • Pokémon trained to high experience can never be traded/sold without losing the time/effort spent on it.
  • It'll be much harder to climb leaderboards alone.

So, tell us what you think. I'll be interested in hearing what everyone has to say.

Notice!

It seems a lot of people don't really understand what this discussion is about so I'll clear it up and I apologise for being vague previously.

• It has nothing to do with illegitimately obtained experience or stopping people from obtaining it.
  • My idea of resetting experience when traded/auctioned is just an example of what is wanted.
  • What I want is your own idea to achieve the same effect or opinion on my idea.

So what do I mean by achieve the same effect?

I'm looking for a way to make experience you did not train yourself not as appealing or valuable.

• Upvote 2
  • T-rubbish 1

Well, what i think is experience of the pokemon after level 100 should not be reset to 50,00. I"t would actually not affect to the small players but definitely for the players like zurmax, anirban52134 because these are experience trainers.They train experience and also earn a quite lot from it.

So in simple words i wouldn't support the idea of reset experience to 50,000.

These are my views but still let's see what happens.

Heeey Patrick, in my opinion it would be a bad idea.

Because some people dont have the time to do a lot of exp training and others dont have the money for those DP. And so they can trade one for the other.

If this idea is going foward i think exp will become worthless with time.

Because the leadboards will always be the same people that have the time and patience for exp training. And those who dont have the time will stop trying.

Ps: I started 2 days ago a pokedex quest with just the pokes that i received from doing exp jobs. This idea would be my doom

• Upvote 1

Just now, Lordofdante said:

Because the leadboards will always be the same people that have the time and patience for exp training. And those who dont have the time will stop trying.

I think this is a good point to bring up, unless I'm not understanding the situation correctly. Players who are already high ranking will stay high ranking for a significant amount of time until other players catch up. Other players will only catch up by gaining exp themselves as they cannot trade for existing exp anymore. The leaderboard will stay similar to how it exists now, as current top players have >100,000,00 exp and growing, whilst lower ranked players must now singlehandedly catch up through time consuming training (which will probably be no match for the current leadboard considering how much they'd have to catch up).

I'm probably missing some key point(s), but that's what's on my mind currently.

• Upvote 2

I like the idea, but it does put exp traders and players who want to merge accounts at a huge disadvantage. I think it would be better if any experience trained illegitimately AFTER this rule is implemented gets reset if traded/auctioned. This way traders can be sure that exp currently being trained/traded is definitely legitimate. I also agree with LordofDante's point, if the rule is implemented as is, exp trades will plummet and the leaderboard will comprise of the same old players who have collected exp and are now skeptical about trading it away.

Edited by Dark_Wolf

• Developer
Just now, Dark_Wolf said:

I think it would be better if any experience trained illegitimately AFTER this rule is implemented gets reset.

This already happens, it's just not triggered by a trade or auction. :=S:

Personally I disagree with it.

1. While it is true that it could create an EXP sink, I think a better alternative could be done. For example, let's say any Pokemon over a certain EXP mark like 1 million would require a Trade Tax. Maybe you pay a certain amount of money based off how much EXP the Pokemon(s) you're attempting to trade, obviously the more EXP, the more you pay to trade. Anything under the million would be no charge.

2. It would discourage a lot of players from training Pokemon, a lot of players like to train exp in order to get the much rarer Pokemon.

3. EXP helps climb the ranks in Vortex, it would make climbing that latter much harder.

4. If someone wants to start on a brand new account, but take a Pokemon that's special to them with a lot of EXP, they're left out.

Long story short I feel their are better options. Maybe a trade tax or a limit on how many times you can trade daily. I know this doesn't affect tainted Pokemon. Or you could possibly do a exp tax. Maybe like every time a Pokemon is traded, 5% of it's total EXP gets removed.

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 5

It is a pure bad idea as it makes exp trading the most disadvantageous. People like us who trade exp will get the most disadvantage. It also becomes difficult to climb the leaderboard and rank high. Anyway thanks for the idea.:(

Edited by Kousheyo2004

Just now, Patrick said:

This already happens, it's just not triggered by a trade or auction. :=S:

True, but often the illegitimate exp gets traded away before it gets reset and you're left with a trader who gave away his rare event pokemon for nothing. A trade or an auction triggering it would make trading for exp or giving jobs to exp trainers so much safer

• Developer
Just now, Dark_Wolf said:

True, but often the illegitimate exp gets traded away before it gets reset and you're left with a trader who gave away his rare event pokemon for nothing. A trade or an auction triggering it would make trading for exp or giving jobs to exp trainers so much safer

That's not possible. I won't explain why but it just isn't, unfortunately. Illegitimate experience will likely always be reset when the trainer of it is banned.
Anyway, illegitimate experience isn't the topic being discussed so we'll leave that there.

• Love-dis 1

This is not an idea I would be behind. The idea of reaching the leader-board currently already seems like an impossible and challenging task as I only joined last month and many people obviously have a head start. At least I know currently I have the option of trading for exp or buying a Pokemon with high exp. It is a massive market that would be removed as it is a way many people make their living on this game. I do understand the point that it would help prevent people getting botted exp however I fear a move like this will cause many more people to resort to botting sadly. If someone is at work all day and only has a few hours of game time (or less for some people), the idea of getting on the leader-board would be near impossible. They will not have the time to train up the exp themselves and without being able to buy or trade for what they need to give them that much needed boost, I do fear many people in this situation would bot if they are desperate to get onto the leader-board.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

I'd like some changes. There's no point playing the game when you can just buy yourself to the top of the leaderboard.

A way to solve the problem, without triggering the traders is to make an additional leaderboard, only for experience optained by the invidiual player themselves.

#English is not my main language#

Edited by kris010d
Wrong word
  • Love-dis 1
  • Upvote 1

• Developer
Just now, kris010d said:

I'd like some changes. There's no point playing the game when you can just buy yourself to the top of the leaderboard.

A way to solve the problem, without triggering the traders is to make an additional leaderboard, only for experience optained by the invidiual player themselves.

#English is not my main language#

This already exists, it's the seasonal leaderboard. Only things you catch and train yourself are counted AND it gives prizes.

• Love-dis 2
  • Upvote 2

Though I love the idea, I don't feel it would work as it removes a crucial part of gameplay/trading. Doesn't give the new players a shot at the leaderboard as well. Though I've felt that vortex has been more of a pokemon catching game, exp training has turned out to be a vital part as well.  As for the pros pointed out, this is my opinion about them.

Pros:

• It removes the risk factor of trading experience and later losing it because it turned out to be trained illegitimately. - People know what they're getting into when they trade exp in most cases, unless they're relatively new players. That's the risk they're willing to take for a shot at the leaderboard.
  • It creates an experience sink much like the PokéBay auction tax. - Something like a tax would be better instead of wiping out all the exp. Removing a chunk of the exp instead of the whole thing would be a better idea. A few players combine to train pokemon to a high exp as it's more convenient than a single player training it. Everyone profits this way when combining to train a pokemon
  • It stops mass trades/combining accounts to storm the leaderboards. - This discourages joint accounts and makes the leaderboard static. Everyone should be free to combine accounts if they want to go for joint accounts.

These are my suggestions. 

1) A new leaderboard formula to reduce the effect of total or average xp as this is one of the major reasons for people going after xp/illegitimate xp. Maybe a bit more focus on whatever the trainer has trained on that account.

2) Monitoring high exp trades from new accounts. This might be tough considering the number of accounts vortex has but creating a flag whenever exp over a certain limit is transferred from a new account might be a possible solution to identify such trades asap. Also monitoring the xp trained on new accounts if possible. Just throwing ideas tbh.

• Love-dis 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Good Idea.

Although this can be a changed a little (Pokémon over level 100 having its experience reset to 50,000 when traded or auctioned.) 

A poke that has more than 1 mil exp reset to 50,000 when traded or auction.

This way those who train exp can still do 1 mil exp on 1 poke and they can do it on multiple pokemon instead of just 1 poke and carry their exp shops etc.

It will be disadvantage to the other players a little tho cause right now a lot of illegit exp is present ingame to climb the leaderboard and catch upto them.If all the illegit exp is removed and the new rule is applied it wont be hard for the other players to climb the leaderboard lets say someone has 4,000 battle count has over 400 mil exp .And that person has lot of illegit exp in his account but the person below him has less exp than him but higher battle count and all legit exp. : )

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

this is not totally a good idea as it would stop several players from gaining experience if they do't have the time to play the game as much also if the players trade back then they would have to train it up to the previous experience again. however with that being said i am in support of the idea to stop the people wiping out the less experienced players that are on the lower leader boards.

2 hours ago, Patrick said:

This already exists, it's the seasonal leaderboard. Only things you catch and train yourself are counted AND it gives prizes.

That's not a permanent leaderboard, is it? If so, I didn't know ;)