Pokémon Vortex
Patrick

Pokémon experience reset when traded/auctioned

I feel like this is a bad idea as there are people who train legitly just to trade xp. If any change shall happen at all involving xp i believe maybe there shluld be a system in line to where the buyer can check if it was botted for have a admin or mod check the xp before the sales can be confirmed.

resetting the exp to 50k will have a negative effect on how the game will be played if its implemented. many of the players here play to claim the top ranks, in the quest to doing so they must garner exp and a huge amount of it. It also effects the trade system as many things in the current situation is rated by exp (exp Dark Zygarde Coplete is 75 mil is or) and messing with that  will have serious problems. also the new players who come into the game will have serious amount of difficulty in catching upto the trainers in the leaderboard

Also you cannot just reset the exp that was trained over years, that isnt just right, also many players will drop out of the game also seeing that this is some bullshit also

On balance I do not think that this suggestion, as it stands, is a good idea. Some have made good points above: I want to dwell on the following.

Exp is a big part of the trade market, and taking that away as suggested will put a not insignificant hole in it. As much as I don't value exp in and of itself, preferring Pokemon I have an attachment to or are good in battles, I will still acquire it because others desire it. The Pokebay does encourage some trading that otherwise wouldn't occur, true, but having as many decent options as we can to encourage players to want to trade their Pokemon is a good thing.

Related to the point above is the ability to use otherwise rather useless Pokemon that are surplus to your needs and train exp onto them rather than releasing them. (Note: I have little trading experience and have no idea if people care what Pokemon their exp is attached to)

I do think the concerns about the leaderboard is overstated. Unless someone practically gives it to you, or you buy donation Pokemon with real money when they are available, to trade with, you are going to need to put a lot of effort in to be able to trade for all the exp you need anyway, exp reset or no exp reset. Legitimately obtaining 160+ million exp doesn't just grow on trees after all.

As such I would prefer a reset if over 1 million exp or a 10-20 percent exp tax upon a level 100 pokemon changing hands as less harsh alternatives.

I think it's a bad idea because there are pokemons that need happiness and along with happiness he is coming with more xp, so I would find it boring because you get high happiness and a good Xp, you will sell and lose all xp Kind of annoying, because his work for the magpie has gone.

It is worst idea 

It will finish exp trading 

It will harm people who can just train exp and trade them for events  ..

It is bad for new players because it is hard for them to get any events ..

It is bad for me (errors ), shadowcold and many exp buyers 

Also I agree with sports idea 

To make some tax on exp trades 

Not to reset it after trades 

Hi Pat, 

In my opinion exp reset would be fair when a poke is traded/auctioned.

• These days we see too many users have illegit exp which they’ve acquired by trading or through auctions.

• Many recipients are skeptical of the exp that they receive from others.

• I am an exp trainer/trader too, however I would like the exp to be reset when traded or auctioned since most of the players aren’t training them legit.

• Leaderboards need a cleanup and this is a good way to do it.

• I hope that the spamclick/spambid issue would also be taken care of in the next update since spamclickers ruin the auction experience for others.

• This change has both pros and cons, however I think it’s time that vortex comes up with some changes that would be fair to curb people from botting and having an unfair advantage over legit players.

Yes finally, that's the way it should be. Auction is to trade items not exp. "good or bad" experience is something you earn by yourself in life that is, but i think the game should work the same way.

I am against this idea for all the previously mentioned reasons. Just add a new stat like :

exp trained by owner

maybe on someones account have the amount of exp that they trained themselves along with the other exp and value the trained exp as higher...

If you implement this stat anyway the exp trained by owner will naturally become more valuable than traded exp and will turn people off trading for exp without getting rid of the feature

• Thanks 1

This idea seems fine to me. I haven't cared how much exp my pokemon get, I just play to collect really. But for those who play for the leader boards and have others train their pokemon for them, this would hurt them badly. To help those people, you could make a function that people can use where they are able to loan a pokemon to another person, who can not take the loaned pokemon out of their party during the loan, and is automatically returned to its owner after so much time or the experience that the owner speficies is earned. The pokemon's owner would pay for the exp gained, not for the time.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

I think that if you train exp yourself, you should also be able to trade with it. It is after all something you put time and effort in, and thats why you should be able to decide what you want to do with that exp, wether you want to trade it for events, or keep it and go for the leaderboard, it should be up to the player (imo). Resetting it to 50k exp is taking away the flexibility of how you want to use your exp, and for many people (me excluded as im not a big trainer, and only train stuff i want to keep) it is 1 reason less to train exp.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, VioletVitula said:

This idea seems fine to me. I haven't cared how much exp my pokemon get, I just play to collect really. But for those who play for the leader boards and have others train their pokemon for them, this would hurt them badly. To help those people, you could make a function that people can use where they are able to loan a pokemon to another person, who can not take the loaned pokemon out of their party during the loan, and is automatically returned to its owner after so much time or the experience that the owner speficies is earned. The pokemon's owner would pay for the exp gained, not for the time.

Yeah I like the idea of a loan system if this idea is being implemented. If someone is trading a pokemon it gets reset but you could loan it to someone for a limited amount of time while they grind exp on it possibly?

What about reworking top pokemon ranking and making it counts exp different way.

Lets say I have Giratina with 1 mil exp. I trained half of it and half was trained by someone. This exp trained by someone would be counted as half so points I got by myself would be worth 2 times more. Then ranking would count this Giratina like if it had only 0.75mil exp.

I think it wouldnt kill completly trading for exp and if someone is active - trains his pokemons on his own and only for himself - gets more than someone that sits and trades for event pokemons.

• Thanks 1

I disagree. Making this change would be to help Carlos directly (TOP 1) since he is one of the first to receive exp from several people to be where he is now. I think that if you want to implement this change you should reset the exp of all the POKES, to have a new table of top players.

7 hours ago, Patrick said:

That's not possible. I won't explain why but it just isn't, unfortunately. Illegitimate experience will likely always be reset when the trainer of it is banned.
Anyway, illegitimate experience isn't the topic being discussed so we'll leave that there.

And if a player was banned but didnt use a bot to train and trade that exp poke will that poke be reset or not?

• Developer
Just now, GodEater3 said:

And if a player was banned but didnt use a bot to train and trade that exp poke will that poke be reset or not?

No it won't. If you have questions about things not related to this topic, use the Q&A forum please.

4 hours ago, 1893 said:

I feel like this is a bad idea as there are people who train legitly just to trade xp. If any change shall happen at all involving xp i believe maybe there shluld be a system in line to where the buyer can check if it was botted for have a admin or mod check the xp before the sales can be confirmed.

I agree, because I'm training for a friend right now and not all people bot exp. There are many people who train legitly too like you said. I would be sad to see my hard work get reset.

Not a great Idea as there are lot of trainers who train legit exp and trade them for events or other rare pokes. 

However, if you can do something like an Admin Approval for hig exp pokemons (above 100k or 500k) for both trades and auctions then it will be helpful as all such trades/ auctions would require admin approval. This is similar to Pokemon Nick Name approval. In this way the person who gets exp can be assured that the experience is legit.