Pokémon Vortex
Patrick

Pokémon experience reset when traded/auctioned

Hii Patrick,

regards to you.Loving this game for more than 3 years.I don't like the Idea to reset the exp when traded or sold, because exp is one of the main elements of trade.It is a big part of trade.Many people are intrested in it.And many of the players too don't want the new feature.I like the thing that you asked all of us for doing the change or not. I think it will bemuch better if you put some 10% or 15% tax on it.

Thank You.

• Thanks 1

Like i said before. If this starts with experience not earned by yourself seem worthless, in some time pokemons not catch by yourself will be worthless as well.

If you think exp is only valuable if you do it yourself, then pokemons have to be like that too.

Making the trading part of the game pointless

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I believe this is a bad idea due to the fact that it would cause a massive disadvantage to thos who have low amount of time to spend in game, It would also boosts people who spend alot time in game. Also it would also raise amount of cheating in game due to the fact that exp players may hijack accounts that they are ment to be training, as there would be little alternative for people who do not want to spend that much time in game.487

Reset the exp will affect almost all players.The more affected players will be those who don't have any other way than trade exp for events,fossils or legends specially now that the rate to get some pokes and fossils has increased.

I have these idea some time ago,why not hold auctions for exp (I think events should  they own auction section too) where these exp pokes (rare events and donations too)could be check for authenticity so no more players will be  cheated.Now since check this exp trades will probably take some time these exp auctions could be held in specific times that should be decided for PV staff,it might be a little bothersome to wait some time  for trade but players will confident that what they get is legit.

English is not my language I learn watching tv XD

I just read the uptade.Then it would it be better just reduce the points that players get through trading exp

Experience is almost everything for leaderboards. If you can't get them in exchanges, then the leaderboards will be just the guys that grind the training accounts the most which will convert vortex in a cookieclicker.

This affects me because I have reached a decent number of uniques and my motivation is to stay as long as I can in the top, but i get bored of cookieclicking so trading EXP is my only resource.

Maybe the simplest thing is just rework the points formula to not to give EXP so much importance.

I find the idea of resetting the exp (LOT of work and time of a human) on a pokemon just seriously terrifyingly wrong. 

• Upvote 1

I am totally in favour of EXP being reset after trading. I feel that at the moment the global top trainers only goes to show it's easy to reach the top ranks if you have the connections, or the rare Pokemon to get EXP. Top ranks should reflect the effort that people have put into their accounts by working for their own experience and using their own time. It's not particularly fair that users are able to rise so quickly just because they have friends quit, or all start to merge accounts. Battle count, experience and uniques should make up a good account not someones ability to negotiate a trade.

• Love-dis 1
  • Thanks 1

• Developer

Here's my 2 pence:

Idea 1: Remove the global leaderboard

The global leaderboard is the only reason why people trade for exp in the first place.  The global leaderboard is what gives value to experience points.  Kill the leaderboard, and you'll kill the value of exp.

Instead, bring more emphasis to the seasonal leaderboard - after all, this is what matters most! There are no prizes for being top global.  All the emphasis should be on becoming top of the season.

Idea 2: Perform regular exp upscaling

As each season progresses, scale-up the amount of exp earned from battles.  This will allow new players to compete on the global leaderboard more easily as time goes by.  (As an example, it might take 300 battles to earn 1Mil exp in season 10, but perhaps only 200 battles to earn 1Mil exp in season 20.)

Most MMOs do this when they introduce new level caps, by way of a "gear reset"Players spend months earning end-game rewards at the level-cap. When the level-cap is extended, their previous rewards almost immediately become obsolete as the new (more powerful) rewards are significantly easier to obtain.  This is how, if you wanted to become a top-tier player in World of Warcraft, it would only take you six months.  You don't need to play for 14 years to catch up with the oldest players!

This would be almost functionally identical to imposing an end-of-season exp decay. (i.e. lower the exp of all pokemon by a fixed percentage at the end of each season).  The main difference here is that upscaling future rewards doesn't feel as bad as removing past earnings (even if they both serve the same purpose).

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

"I'm looking for a way to make experience you did not train yourself not as appealing or valuable."

Just to preface I'm a newer player who does not trade for exp.

It'd be nice to not negatively affect people who do trade for exp too greatly as I'm sure they spend some real money and keep our DP economy in check. But, I also feel like it would be nice to reward the efforts of people who go on vortex and train pokemon for themselves too.

My idea is to create a separate statistic for self-trained exp and have it added to the global trainers formula, and prominently displayed on their profile to show off. (and if you wanted to take it even further, to the poke's profiles as well).

Obviously it can't be backdated, but the profile stat could be implemented and start at 0 from the day it is to give everyone a fair start. People like showing off stats and I feel people would like to train a lot to get the "self trained exp" on their profile high.

If it were added to the formula for global top trainer, it could be worth (example) 1.5% more points than exp that was traded to them. If the exp leaves the account, it changes to traded exp in terms of global points.

So, we don't kill exp trades and trainers. We also reward people who train for themselves and give a fair chance at progressing through the ranks via training yourself and not trading. We can also see how much a person has trained right there on their profile - an added bonus being that people will know who to trust more easily in terms of legitimacy. Hypothetically I'd be more comfortable dealing with a trainer who has trained a lot, rather than somebody who has possibly been banned recently and doesn't have much self-trained exp displayed on their profile.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Here's my Mike Pence ;)@flamescape

I'm unsure if killing the leaderboard is the best idea mainly because the leaderboard is probably the biggest relic of pre v3 days. It's probably the most constant thing that has stood the test of time and kept people interested. People want to climb it and that's a huge part of playing the game. I think maybe nulling how much EXP contributes to you rising in the leaderboard might work. Just make it so that EXP isn't the most valuable/easiest way to climb the board. People who like EXP for aesthetic reasons can continue grinding and those who bot it to trade/rise on the leaderboard will find their niche useless.

• Upvote 1

This Is a bad idea for exp trainers and the people who are interested in Exp.

From this the people who have started playing this game now and are in the aim of completing dex will be affected as they only train and trade for Exp only as they don't have anything rather than training Exp.

Or As sportsandmusic69 said there should be tax for trading more than 1 Million Exp.

Finally,I Don't like "the Idea".

Edited by Metallic-Wolf
spelling mistakes

I think it is a good idea. Pokemon games should be a catching, training and battling game instead of a trading game. Although this idea will impair the trade system but it promotes players to catch and train the pokemon themselves. If most of the players login just for trading pokemon so that they can boost their ranks in the leaderboard, it defeats the core fun of pokemon games. On the other hand, for players who wish to start a brand new account, i have a question to ask. "Since you want to start the game from the scratch because your old account is not good, why you want to retain everything from your old accounts?" In my opinion, there should be a price to pay for resetting the account and experience loss is a good price.

I still think that the idea is bad because people who play this game just for trading purpose will be the ones making loss as they will not be able to trade exp, also the exp trainers will be at a loss who train exp legitly and trade for exp like (anirban52134 ,foaming and etc) so they will be badly affected if this update takes place. Also the game will loose its uniqueness of trading, and i personally enjoy trading so i think its a bad idea.

Thanks regards Shayan.

It is a pure bad idea as it makes exp trading the most disadvantageous. People like us who trade exp will get the most disadvantage. It also becomes difficult to climb the leaderboard and rank high. Anyway thanks for the idea.:(

22 minutes ago, Shy said:

It is a pure bad idea as it makes exp trading the most disadvantageous. People like us who trade exp will get the most disadvantage. It also becomes difficult to climb the leaderboard and rank high. Anyway thanks for the idea.:(

You just copied my message

• Haha 1

The first and foremost goal of any beginner of this game is to "gotta catch em all".  Latter in, comes the leaderboard. But not all can afford the time to do one of either or both. The present way to obtain at least one of the two goals is the trade system. Through the trade system one can dedicate enough time to obtain some rare and event pokemons or trade them for some well worth exp, thus slowly inching towards their goals. 

With the implementation of the trade reset, the only way to obtain rare and event pokemons will be through equal trade off or the auctions. The concept of equal trade off is too far fetched even at the present stage of the game as majority of players will not trade one rare for another unless there is some profit. This decreases the value of the trade system.

The pros of reducing the illegitimate training and trading of such pokemon's is a welcome, but the trading of bot captured pokemon's and losing them later,  once the bot account is banned is just an equal risk (especially if the trades involved events).

And in the auctions, those that bot will still end up getting the upper hand as they'll have better cash for auctions and the presence of spamclicker's as mentioned by some decreases one's chances of obtaining the Pokémon of desire. And a problem with illegitimate trainers is, if they happen to have bought some legit events from the auctions, upon ban the events are either lost due to ban (increasing their rearity) or they would end up in one of their legit accounts thereby turning their illegitimate earnings to legit.

My opinion on illegitimate exp. and pooling accounts to gain head in the leaderboard, it's not like illegitimate exp leaders will stay there for long as they are eventually banned from the game. And pooler's will just increase the no. of pokemon's pooled.

The way I see it is that in a long haul, the proposed exp. reset is to change the way one gains their stand in the leaderboard rather than the issue of illegitimate training. The leaderboard and the players rankings will remain the same even after the proposed idea is executed, but the way those ranks are held on to  will change drastically.

But I feel there are far too many problems posed by illegitimate training and their role in auctions and trades, which deserves a much needed discussion than the experience reset.

PS... Just give a heads up before u implement the change as most have multiple accounts with their exp's spread between them.

Edited by bhuvan35
Missed something
  • Thanks 1

I think its a bad idea for who trades experience it will be not good for them and a exp trainer.

The people who are interested in exp cannot buy it and who are new in this game  i think they needed to be at the top so they want to trade experience and by this rule they cannot and i am also interested in trading exp and selling exp so it will not good for me too.

i agree with the idea of lvl 100 trade need an experience reset to 50.000, if we're looking at fair play, people work hard to raise their leaderboard while some illegal trained pokemon easily traded and raise the rank of player easily, ignoring the effort of other player

I will dislike it for the sake of those people who worked hard to earn those exp's. But to be honest, I really don't care about the experience of my pokemons, or the pokemons that I traded out (that has a decent to not-so-high amount of exp) as I don't really work for exp's and all so whatever is implemented, it is just okay for me. And yeah, just play the game as it is because games in general are made for us to enjoy and have fun. ^_^

Why not remove all excess experience on pokemons?

My proposition is reset all 100 level pokemon's experience to 50000. Excess experience doesn't have any function in game, it doesn't make your pokemon stronger. There is a limit.
Then remove the highest experienced pokemon list, so there will be no competetion for this.
Instead of making pokemons experienced, add this excess experience to pokemon's current owner. There is a total experience statistic in game, to be an alternative to Top Pokemon list there can be Top User Experience list.

So when a pokemon becomes level 100, it doesn't get experience from battles but the user will get it still.
This way, users won't think they fought all their battles to get experience for nothing because they will still have their experience and this will be all about personal effort to get in leaderboards.
Also my final words are: Experience by definition can not be bought instantly but obtained over time and it should be like that in this game too.

• Upvote 1