Pokémon Vortex
Jaymeera

Minor Things I want Added

So, I've been playing Pokemon Vortex for a few months now, and I enjoy it very much as the game is definitely awesome! However, I do have a few ideas that will spruce up the game a bit, and most of them are just small additions that shouldn't take a toll on the game but will provide a better user interface and maybe make the game a little more enjoyable!

1. Optional Sound/Music

I've noticed that the game isn't very lively considering it is silent the entire time you play it. I brought this up to Patrick on PV's Discord server, and he said that the game did have music and such, but the fanbase didn't like it so he removed it. However, I think that an option for background music, pokemon cries, ambiance, SFX, etc. will definitely make the game more lively and serene. For example, there will be music when you're on one of the maps, and when encountering a pokemon its cry will play, as well as white noise, like birds chirping in the day and crickets in the night. I know that how players will react to it will be very mixed, so that's where the optional part comes in. I think that in the Options there should be a section for sound for customizing the game's audio to the user's liking, and if they dislike it, they can simply click "No Audio" or something like that to disable all sound period.

2. Less Cluttered Interface

When going to the inventory, you always see items that you don't have but can be obtained in the game. It always shows how many of an item you have and the max amount that you can have. This always bugs me, as when I go to the Mega Stones, it shows ALL of the mega stones of the game and how many I have. Since I have no mega stones, it always irritated me because I had NO mega stones, yet it shows all the mega stones regardless. The point being, I think that, if you don't ANY of that item, it shouldn't show how many you have. This will make a less cluttered interface and will be easier on the eyes.

3. Inaccuracy

I've noticed that PV's content isn't always true to the games. For example, The Elite 4, Battle Frontier Brains, Battle Maisons, etc. have Level 100 (sometimes more!) which is much higher than in the games. However, Patrick did clarify that this was because PV's battle system is easier and more simplified than the games, which is what I can respect. Despite this, the special pokeballs (Dive Balls, Moon Balls, Dusk Balls, Net Balls) do not have the same catch rate in the games when the conditions are applied. Instead, Patrick stated that these balls only have the same catch rate as a Great Ball, which is only x1.5 more than a PokeBall. According to Bulbapedia:

Moon Balls have an x4 catch rate if used to catch pokemon that require a Moon Stone to evolve. (Male and Female Nidoran lines, Clefairy line, Jigglypuff line, Skitty line, Munna line)

Net Balls have an x3.5 catch rate if used on Bug or Water type pokemon.

Dive balls have an x3.5 catch rate if used underwater or on water-dwelling pokemon.

Dusk Balls have an x3 catch rate if used in a cave or at night.

All of the above have an x1 catch rate otherwise.

4. Inaccuracy (continued)

In PV, Friendship (also known as Happiness) is raised from every battle won with that pokemon. This is not how friendship is raised in the games. Instead, Friendship is raised (according to Bulbapedia, again):

Level up in battle
Battling against a Island Kahuna, Elite Four member, or the Champion (whole party)
Using a vitamin
Using a wing
Using a battle item

These are all the ideas/improvements that I had so far, and I actually have a few more that I want to share! Maybe Patrick will considerate these? Anyway, thanks for taking a look at my ideas. If you have any thoughts or questions, please let me know by commenting or replying.

• Thanks 2