Pokémon Vortex
xPoke

Discord Security

Question

Why is the security for the discord so high? I physically cannot talk in the server because of the fact that

1. I don't have cell signal where I live
  2. I don't have a cell phone because of the reason stated above

It is sad because I was really excited to be a part of the discord community. I mean I know y'all gotta worry about spammers being such a big community and all but still.

• Upvote 1

1 answer to this question

• Developer
58 minutes ago, xPoke said:

Why is the security for the discord so high? I physically cannot talk in the server because of the fact that

1. I don't have cell signal where I live
  2. I don't have a cell phone because of the reason stated above

It is sad because I was really excited to be a part of the discord community. I mean I know y'all gotta worry about spammers being such a big community and all but still.

It wasn't always there, it was added earlier this year for one single reason - To keep banned users banned.
Without having to verify a phone number, people were able to join back within minutes of a ban and it just gets irritating for both the users who are doing nothing wrong and the staff who have to keep banning the same person.

I can imagine it's frustrating for someone like yourself but it is a rare occurrence in this day and age that someone doesn't have a mobile phone (even children) which is why the security feature was enabled.

• Thanks 1