Pokémon Vortex
Patrick

Forums Accounts Pre-2017

• Developer

Starting December 1st 2022, all forum accounts created with the old login methods (Facebook, Google, Microsoft and Twitter) will be deleted.

If you are one of the few whose account was made using these oAuth methods, your account will be inaccessible starting December 1st 2022, however, you can keep all your posts, reputation and anything associated with your account if you simply create a new account logging in with your Pokémon Vortex account, then message me here on the forums or on Discord (Patríck#0001) telling me your old and new usernames, I will merge the accounts pushing all of your content to the newly created account automatically associated with Pokémon Vortex.

FAQ

How do I know if my account was made with any of the previously used oAuth integrations?

• You can check in your account settings found here, it will show any links to other services. Aside from this, you'll know your account isn't using oAuth if you created it after November 2016 as this is when I disabled the oAuth methods of registration and login.

Why is this happening?

• A few reasons but the main one being it has been evident that these oAuth login methods have been proven to cause more issues than resolve when it comes to Pokémon Vortex which defeats the object of them existing here on Vortex.

I don't care about my posts and other content, do I still need to contact you?

• No, you don't need to do anything but if you still want to use the forums after December 2022, you will need to log in with a new forum account associated with a Pokémon Vortex game account.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 7