I Hate Wobbuffet

Does anyone else share my opinion? My reason is somewhat niche but I really hate Wobbuffet.

Wobbuffet.png

So, I used to kinda like Wobbuffet because he's kinda funny in the TV show but now, after what it's done to me, I hate it!

One time a long time ago, I had a 208 win streak in the battle tower in Pokemon Sapphire. I was using my Wobbuffet holding Leftovers when another Wobbuffet (also holding Leftovers) was sent out by the opponent. Even after they started using Struggle they couldn't outdamage leftovers and it ended up an infinite battle! I was left with no recourse but to turn off the game and see my 208-win-streak out the window... after trying to solve the battle for six hours! 

That is why I hate Wobbuffet so much. It has failed me if it's on my side but if I am fighting it it's a nightmare! Have you ever encountered a Wobbuffet (or a Wynaut) in a Nuzlocke or on Pokemon Showdown when you're not expecting it? It can really screw things up for me, losing my ladder or that one infamous incident where a Wobbuffet caused me to lose a Nuzlocke because it beat out my Metang!

Also, Wobbuffet's gender difference is stupid. The female is wearing lipstick! Eew! That is SO gross! Where does it get the lipstick anyway?!

14 hours ago, Marioipod13 said:

Does anyone else share my opinion? My reason is somewhat niche but I really hate Wobbuffet.

Wobbuffet.png

So, I used to kinda like Wobbuffet because he's kinda funny in the TV show but now, after what it's done to me, I hate it!

One time a long time ago, I had a 208 win streak in the battle tower in Pokemon Sapphire. I was using my Wobbuffet holding Leftovers when another Wobbuffet (also holding Leftovers) was sent out by the opponent. Even after they started using Struggle they couldn't outdamage leftovers and it ended up an infinite battle! I was left with no recourse but to turn off the game and see my 208-win-streak out the window... after trying to solve the battle for six hours! 

That is why I hate Wobbuffet so much. It has failed me if it's on my side but if I am fighting it it's a nightmare! Have you ever encountered a Wobbuffet (or a Wynaut) in a Nuzlocke or on Pokemon Showdown when you're not expecting it? It can really screw things up for me, losing my ladder or that one infamous incident where a Wobbuffet caused me to lose a Nuzlocke because it beat out my Metang!

Also, Wobbuffet's gender difference is stupid. The female is wearing lipstick! Eew! That is SO gross! Where does it get the lipstick anyway?!

I agree

8 hours ago, Jenova said:

seems like the punching bag Pokémon wanted you to train more 

as a nuzlocker i personal agree, that thing has ruined so many runs, and taken so many hours of my life that I'll never be able to get back.

15 hours ago, Void-Star said:

as a nuzlocker i personal agree, that thing has ruined so many runs, and taken so many hours of my life that I'll never be able to get back.

Just like what happened to my Nuzlocke of Pokemon Sapphire on that randomizer. If you have been around my YouTube channel for any amount of time you would know that I had a run actually ended by Brendan's Wobbuffet. I already hated Brendan so having this happen just made me hate him even more. I get this completely.

Also one time I was doing a Platinum randomizer Nuzlocke and I got an Arceus as my starter... but then Barry got a Wobbuffet! It countered all my attacks and was impossible to beat!

4 hours ago, Kogamaster1234 said:

Just level up to strong first and one shot the counter Pokémon

What if it's Wobbuffet holding Focus Sash? What if it has METAL BURST somehow?!

Either way Wobbuffet has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. It's not even good for hunting roaming legendaries because that stupid barf bag can't reliably damage them without running the risk of defeating them and having them never respawn! Just never use a Wobbuffet. Get it for the dex but then throw it in the box because it has no use to you other than comedic relief on a TV show.

Marioipod13, is this you? I am one of your biggest fans!

Anyway, I know you really don't like Wobbuffet but I hope you're OK with Wynaut. Wynaut is so so cute and I like it, I couldn't bear to evolve my Wynaut on Emerald. I also agree with you that Wobbuffet wearing lipstick as a female is really weird.

On 3/29/2023 at 8:46 PM, Marioipod13 said:

Wobbuffet.png

Oh and please keep doing those Pokemon tournaments! I am really enjoying them!

2 hours ago, Kogamaster1234 said:

What is your YouTube channel name I want to see, also what do you put on your channel, do you record Pokémon emerald gameplays? I am starting to play it but don’t know what to do

The channel name is Marioipod13; I do Pokemon gameplay mostly but some of my earlier videos were about my Pokemon opinions.

• 2 weeks later...

This is going to sound really funny but I actually won a major tournament with Wobbuffet the other day. It was with Psychic Pokemon and it was at the PWT. Should I give Wobbuffet another chance to be liked?

If Wobbuffet goes back on my like list the next Pokemon to become my least favorite Pokemon is Maushold.

Yeah, Wobbuffet is not getting a second chance from me. I got messed up in the safari zone in my Sapphire playthrough so badly. I encountered seven Wobbuffets while trying to catch a Pikachu. 😖

Also, I didn't know you could flee from Wobbuffets in the safari zone. I thought they trapped the player with Shadow Tag. ☠️