Pokémon Vortex
Quintonboy1

A Newer Better Training Method -The ShortStack Method

On 3/30/2022 at 12:03 PM, Quintonboy1 said:

The ShortStack Method

Hey there guys, I wouldn't consider this an huge announcement or anything, but i would like to share with the community a training method my friends and I have been cooking up for a while. As someone who has played vortex for along time I have never had the most solid internet connection a whopping 10 Mbps, as a result it was always frustrating to do battles or simply just keep up with the competition. After 7 years on this account using the method I wish to share today I personally can reach the infamous 10 second timer! Now this information shall be free to use for the average vortex player!

This method is the brain child of a good IRL friend of mine ign: Rorban - Discord: rorban#5380 Now that that's out of the way lets get into this!

SNjBvNHGSt_b_lmuVHUJhZxo9oD3lux2dIaPtNBpdf3HSzHgtlNWGYQnfPEVwHIN_51ZC623PfMZdTpDm38oRydytEBqcqM2fe9o2RMIyd9SEOjf-B1r7KquhWbFNbUeErvo4qRl  

1. To my knowledge this method follows all the rules of the TOS that is very important of course as players as we do not want to be banned for doing something stupid.
  2. Ads break this method, premium is one of the ways to circumvent this issue.

3. You need the following requirements to perform this method: A PC with a keyboard that has the end key and the home key, you can still perform this method on a Chrome book. (Mobile will not work)

IYLJeYURP09ZCp5eZ2kvEGv5mvWu4_WYSPxlqfWQCLiTHGmXhxz4W2gmD6CjZPwryn4SWwYBksOzNxdk_eOqqQ2nXUaTVSQYvcJUI17Ou3n9mgpSVNtC0Aj9KsdWjYj9CwQwxG4A

On laptops generally the end home key can be found in your num pad area and can be utilized via ensuring your num lock is enabled.

If you are using a chrome laptop I highly recommend you look up what you need to press and hold to mimic the key presses generally the answer will be holding ctrl & alt while pressing the up and down arrow keys. (The Pg up and Pg Down Keys work as well)

4. Like anything new it may require practice, we have had people pick it up in 15 mins or upwards of 3 days, the method works however there is no doubt about it. 

The Setup

Okay first we need to go back to the old days of scrolling, we will disable your browser's “Smooth Scrolling”. The page directory may be different depending on which browser you are using. (I am using Chrome in this example generally all browsers have these options available, google here is your friend)

1. 1st you want to enter chrome://flags into your web search bar.

bmtY9MiC3NRJdZyltCeTQK3KzcfMBLBhfqnMJlyAG8__Dv_Uv9ckdSGJPd5-glhyuw7e6e-qnTrR2H3vJ9E7dmjC30ilu6w84-D1r_A0kIaPDInlim4v15SV3e82_Lyw7coeqLBx

After this you will use the search bar to type in Smooth Scrolling

yTHI0G-mdaOkfou9EvIgUfENzdZarICMFqhSQl5p7HUK4hVNl6svzvcSTiwqyTRCaPcyVUBf6FAHIAHuqDZ1zVFtw5qjzCxg8l7k9yvmXbHopjOtCE0_GMeM18lgAKMwQslHDuZp

Once you find the option you want to disable it; in the bottom right hand corner you will be prompted to relaunch your browser, do so to enable the changes during this session (Note. Once changed this setting is always going to be set to disabled until reverted back again manually through the same process)  DUQ-0S35hqTsF3dLGrqNzpuH_nniMmTG4Zr6OQ3PqNkMVP3PffZzczgGbjJMjoGSeXhrSCVZvtHI0cK1y_lwRIr4q1kHh0qxOQ7Jc_Bo0sxVvF-S_YuC4TMD8EXkmSJsX2_jQljK

Once all this has been completed you are ready to move onto the next step!

1. Now I have to teach you how to optimize your screen. This part can be tricky but there are many ways to go about it as long as some factors remain consistent. Your screen should be thinner and longer than normal. I will teach you how I best setup my own personal browser size. This setup is for exp training, clan battles require a slightly different setup.

When entering a battle for training you should always minimize your chat bar and the bottom black bar.uxcFy0SIzpDOFyi_PG3xoE48W3PSPlxLGsHmbAVcKMftaBGr_3LB0tUmKWVhEKujxCj33uOKLxp9bRxnm1JitrvW-HslXBDwryFGwIlGZZ0ZXCAj5o3KOh6qVrGi3a95vnZmP334

Once this step is done I generally like to run through the battle until I get to the Rebattle Opponent Button. I will then adjust my screen accordingly

4QoQA-2r987Y0ZnAVH_j4GwlMSLS3O-qx8242Dqct_tg9TGGYiEFbNg9K9MCDFenl5D9B1xDxaq4MJiBU9r6eoxm2cTuNLiSgFieewYIScBruu8LMKYAiZROUBCqaPz83rBcQj2q

In this image you can see the page is very small and the bottom of the screen comes right up to the rebattle opponent button. Once you are here you are ready to begin your ShortStacking method.

1. This piece of information is important to the method simply click rebattle opponent and hold down your end key throughout the course of the battle. Your battling buttons should if the method has been setup properly line up fairly close to each other reducing overall mouse movement. If you feel they are not close enough try increasing your browsers zoom feature to around 110%-125%. It has been noted that screen resolution makes this process a bit different for everyone. Once you reach the end of your battle if you miss the rebattle opponent button simply hit your Home key to find it again. You will want to practice timing the end of your battles to simply let go of the end key so your screen doesn't drop on the rebattle step.

I would like to thank all the people who helped test this method to bug fix/ further optimize this method for the players. I am very happy to attempt to give something back to this community. There is certainly more to this method and further gameplay optimizations are certainly hiding out there. I hope to discover more areas to allow more players to freely use this whenever they like too (like frikin I-macs for example). I know at a glance this doesn't seem like it will do much; however everyone I have introduced this method too really likes it and has seen some improvement in gameplay when using said method. Follow the steps work it out through trial and error, and I wish you the happiest of grinding!

Rorban

Terrorbyte

Quintonboy1

AdorkableAisian

Gin

Rexy

Sphex

WhoaPlatypi

Moneeb

Rival1337

EnderMite

Prophecy

Heldie

Srkson

Troll2HELL666

ObsessionX

Credits to the people who have shared this journey with me! ❤️

video example coming soon!

Shuckleyour favorite shuckle guy ign: Quintonboy1

Discord: OzareSpring#7972

When's the video tutorial coming cause it's hard for me to do the ShortStack and I want to see how it's set up so I can follow the steps more properly

Edited by Pikachu372
Make the post make more sense