Pokémon Vortex
AmalunaIsMe

Visualize owned variant +Pokemon

Allow users to see what Pokemon they already own of a specific species and variant by hovering over the Pokeball at the encounter screen. Similar to what the Pokeball with the green plus looks like, you can just hover over that and see the following.

> Dark Geodude (4Pokeball.pngGreat_Ball.pngPokeball.pngUltra Ball.png)
> Dark Graveler Pokeball.png
> Dark Golem (2Great_Ball.pngUltra Ball.png)

gXk1qxi.png

• Developer
On 12/19/2022 at 10:31 AM, zotobom said:

It'd still be nice to have something like this on the map like OP suggests - finding a Dark Geodude and having it show you have a Dark Graveler for example.

I disagree. There's only so many little icons, indicators, text and whatnot you can put on something before it all just becomes a confusing mess.
A frequent question still asked is "What does the green plus mean next to a Pokémon?"

The Pokéball icon is there to indicate whether you already have the encountered Pokémon, how many you have is a very arbitrary piece of information and only suits the needs of a few based on how they play the game and go about collecting but as stated above, the information is still there at your disposal, while on the map, just click Pokédex.

I think this is sufficient enough and doesn't over-saturate the map system with confusing icons and indicators.

Having said that, I can see why you'd want it, but it's highly unlikely to happen.

• Love-dis 1
  • Upvote 1